Friday, July 19, 2013

Easy Meals for Busy Girls: Tasty Crostinis

I am admittedly really bad at using up all of my groceries each week (especially all the produce!). Last night I was feeling extra ambitious and decided to make crostinis using up some of the fresh ingredients we had around. So maybe this isn't a traditional "meal" of sorts, but it was for us!

I love that crostinis are so simple to make yet can be quite a gorgeous presentation.We made a traditional bruschetta with yellow heirloom tomatoes, a strawberry & mozarella with reduced balsamic crostini & a carmelized onion  & feta cheese crostini (are fave- carmelizing onions is SO worth the patience)! I snapped some pictures with my Nokia Lumia 928!

Easy Meals for Busy Girls: Tasty Crostinis

Crostini: 3 Ways

The trick to crostinis is to mix around with the pairing of the ingredients; another fantastic combo is fruit with goat cheese and honey. A balancing of sweet & savory often makes the best combo! You definitely don't have to follow a recipe- use up the ingredients you have in your fridge!

Also, the best foundation for a crostini is a sliced up baugette, drizzled with olive oil and garlic and toasted under the broiler (watch it like a hawk so it doesn't get burned)!

What combos do you like on your easy-to-make crostinis?

xoxo, lauren

                              
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Fashion Voices program and have been provided  with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product! :)

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think I have ever wanted to lick my computer screen more than I do right now. ALL three look amazing!

Katlyn said...

These all look so delicious!
Katlyn
youngclassyandsassy.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin