Saturday, September 14, 2013

Easy Meals for Busy Girls: Three Bean Salad

One of my favorite simple side dishes or if you're me- even a meal- are three bean salads! These are chock full of protein from all of the beans and can be a healthy and incredibly easy dish to prepare using many of the ingredients you may already have in your pantry.

My dad introduced me to this dish at a young age. As a picky eater who wasn't very fond of vegetables- I was thrilled to find a vegetarian dish that was equally as delicious as it was nutritious. 


THREE BEAN SALAD:

ingredients:
15 oz can of garbanzo beans (chick peas) drained & rinsed
15 oz can of kidney beans drained & rinsed
15 oz can of green beans drained & rinsed
1/2 diced red onion 
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

directions:
1. After draining + rinsing beans, combine into a large mixing bowl
2. Pour in vinegar, oil, sugar & sprinkle on ground black pepper.
3. Mix all ingredients well. Chill in refrigerator one hour prior to serving

Super healthy, so delicious & perfect for the busy girl! You can also make this dish your own by swapping out for different beans.

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Jessica Joyce said...

MMM YES! I love beans, especially since I've been eating less red meat these days. I normally buy the prepared brand, but there's nothing like homemade!

Your Friend, Jess

Rachel said...

This is one of my favorite dishes my Mom used to make for me!

Lauren said...

yum! definitely need to give this a try!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin