Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cheers Y'all: Southern Style

I'm recovering from a wonderful weekend of father/ daughter bonding, a good old fashioned butt kickin' FSU game, delicious southern cookin' & catching up with one of my besties! I spent the weekend in North Carolina watching the Seminoles playing at Wake Forest and getting my southern cooking fix at "Beasleys Chicken & Honey".

 Let me tell you even though I love living in Wisconsin it did make my heart ache a bit for the South!

Cheers Y'all! // Drinks in Mason Jars
I'm a sucker for drinks in mason jars and this gin & grapefruit fizz was amazing

FSU Seminoles Game Day Style in College Boots
seminole gameday style in my college boots FSU cowboy boots!

Florida State Seminoles
I am a DIEHARD seminoles fan so I was so excited to see  our quarterback "famous jameis" in action!

FSU Game
Me & my Daddy watching FSU play at Wake Forest!

Chicken & Waffles and Pimento Mac & Cheese at Beasley's Chicken & Honey in Raleigh, NC
Chicken & Waffles, Pimento Mac & Cheese and Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy at Beasleys Chicken & Honey

Feeling inspired by my trip to NC for the weekend, I've rounded up a few of my southern style favorites!

Latest Lust: Southern Style



I am loving the weekend jetsetting I've been able to do lately/ It's SO unbelievable nice to meet up with family & friends that I get to see so rarely! We definitely enjoyed this weekend to the fullest (& I'm craving chicken & waffles already.. maybe that means it's time for me to start planning my next trip?!)

Are you a southerner or visited the region? What things remind you most of the South?

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Katie said...

So glad you had a great trip to North Carolina! Beasley's is so tasty. Did you get to eat anywhere else tasty?

Sherin said...

Looks like such a fun weekend. I love the southern style.

Maya McDonald said...

I've been loving your southern snaps! Too bad you came back to Wisco, just in time for the snow - BOO! xx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin