Tuesday, November 12, 2013

LPF Cooks: DIY Italian Seasoning

Ever since my bestie Jocey taught us how to DIY salad dressing recipes in LPF Mag Issue #3,  I literally can't bring myself to buy them anymore! They just taste so much fresher & are more affordable when you make them yourself using herbs & oils you already have on hand. Plus, I really like knowing what's going into it and being able to control the amount of salt/sugar/oil in my dressings!

I found a great recipe to a DIY Italian Seasoning & adjusted it to my liking -it can be used to season meat or even made into a salad dressing using vinegar + oil!

Preservative free, affordable & delicious DIY Italian Seasoning // Get the Recipe >> http://lapetitefashionista.blogspot.com/2013/11/lpf-cooks-diy-italian-seasoning.html

DIY Italian Seasoning:
(makes approx 8 tbsp of seasoning)
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
pinch of salt

Store in an airtight jar for up to 4 months

Preservative free, affordable & delicious Italian Dressing made with DIY Italian Seasoning // Get the Recipe >> http://lapetitefashionista.blogspot.com/2013/11/lpf-cooks-diy-italian-seasoning.html

To make your seasoning into a  DIY Italian Dressing for salads combine:
 1/2 cup of canola or olive oil
2 tbsp of water 
1/2 cup of white wine vinegar 
 2 tablespoons of your Italian seasoning 
& mix well!

Do you make any of your own salad dressings or condiments that most people would buy from the grocery store? I'm really loving the idea of less preservatives & simple but delicious DIY's!

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Looks delish, Lauren!

Jennifer said...

Salad dressings are so expensive in Madrid. I can't bring myself to splurge on it when I know my euros can be spent on much better things, so I have just been sticking to olive oil and balsamic dressing. I will definitely need to try this out! Thanks for posting. :) xx Jen

Jesica m said...

I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of
time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. This is great and important elements in the modern world that mean Italian Seasoning.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin