Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Wreaths, Weimaraners & Wisconsin Cocktails!

As I mentioned in my last post, my boyfriend's family took me in for Thanksgiving and our holiday was filled with delicious food & wisconsin cocktails (brandy slush anyone?), as well as less run of the mill holiday activities like.. constructing a 5 ft wreath and woodburning gift tags made from reclaimed barnboards & dressing up the family dog in our DIY wreath. I wanted to share a few of my favorite moments from our spiked cider & Christmas music filled weekend. 

I might still be finding sap on myself, but we had a blast DIY-ing wreaths & getting the holidays started! 

Lucy, the cutest little Weimeraner, getting festive for the holidays
Lucy, my favorite little weimaraners wearing one of our mini wreaths

Vintage truck full of pine boughs to make wreaths
a truck bed full of the branches we cut for our wreaths

Spiked Apple Cider for a DIY Holiday Night
no wreath making night is complete without some spiked apple cider 

wreath making for the holidays
Ann & I helping Kyle's mom with the gigantic wreath for the barn

#DIY Woodburned Reclaimed #Barnboard Gift Tags
pretty obsessed with my woodburned reclaimed wood tag for kyle's gift this year!

#DIYWoodworking for the Holidays
how can you not love a manly man (in blaze orange, no less)

red barn & giant Christmas wreath
doesn't this look like a j.crew ad? hoisting up the giant wreath in it's place!

red barn & giant Christmas wreath
the barn in all its glory with it's wreath made with love!

To make the weekend even more special I got a call from my best friend since we were in diapers, Kelly, that she was engaged- SO thrilled for her and her fiancee!! What a happy, love-filled holiday weekend! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

I've totally loved having natural tree smell all over the house. If you don't have the luxury of hundreds of acres of trees to cut your own spruce & pine, I've heard that the local Home Depot offers up their tree trimmings for free (helloooo DIY project)

What have you been doing to get yourself in the holiday spirit?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

5 comments:

Kristen Bruning said...

This sounds like such a wonderful weekend! The wreath on the barn looks amazing!

Kristen
A Little Look Inside Me

Meaghan Alvarado said...

Oh wow! That wreath is massive! It does look like an ad.
What a fun time; I need to plan a DIY night with friends soon for some holiday decor too.

http://justmeaghan.com

Jessica Joyce said...

Definitely going with the whole rustic thing I see! So lovely I want to be in those photos!

Your Friend, Jess

Amy DeVito said...

What a fun post!

I've been shopping, writing out Christmas cards, decorating the tree and the house, baking cookies, spending time with loved ones, listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies!

http://nystateofmind5.blogspot.com/

Jill Nakashima said...

Hi Lauren--LOOOOVE the giant wreath for the barn! Hope all is well with you! Jill