Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Ikea Expedit Bookcase: 6 Stylish Ways

Today's post is an ode to one of my favorite interior design "staples" the Ikea Expedit- especially for the fashionista on a budget. I have one I bought when I first got my own my place that's become overflow for my wardrobe that's now been squeezed into a closet that Kyle & I share. It's fun to think about all of the purposes it's served since I first moved into my little bachelorette pad.

It's an incredibly versatile furniture piece whether used as a room divider, bookcase, tv stand,  bar area, room divider, or craft room organizer and I've rounded up a few of the most stylish examples of its uses. 
Ikea Expedit Bookcase: 6 Stylish Ways
Get Inspired by: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

I have a love-hate relationship with Ikea; Love all of the modern + affordable pieces / hate their terrible customer service (i.e. that one time my table came with 3 legs and they wouldn't ship me a 4th!). The Expedit is definitely a LOVE.

I've also found it's really great for organizing and containing clutter because it fits little fabric baskets in it perfectly! It's a great space saver for small houses and apartments. As you can see above there are a million ways to style it whether with books, trinkets or glassware.


Do you have any ikea furniture or better yet- the Expedit bookcase? What do you use yours for?

xoxo, lauren

8 comments:

Caitlin C. said...

Wow! This seriously is so versatile. I think I need one! Maybe I'll paint it gold?! :)

Jasmin said...

Love this bookcase! I own two, and one is attached to my desk; it's very versatile indeed.

Allison said...

I love it! I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea. In theory, they're fantastic, but in actuality, I'm left swearing at the damn thing as I'm trying to assemble it!

Carolyn Noe said...

Thanks for this! I just received mine in the mail from my parents and 3 pieces were broken (they packaged 3 long pieces with a bunch of square pieces, so naturally the long pieces cracked). I'm super excited to put it together once my dad can ship the three long pieces.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

These are great ideas, and I need a new bookcase...

Maya McDonald said...

I want a mini one as a TV stand with storage! I'll have to check this out soon - I need to deck out the new place! xx

Lauren said...

love this - such a great, convertible piece! I actually made a bar cart from one of their kitchen cart - i need to post about it soon!

erintagle said...

YEP! We use the white Expedit in my daughter's room. It's great for stuffed animals and books. LOVE Ikea; HATE hearing husband gripe about their wordless instructions. ;)

PS - have you seen the "campagne dresser hack" using an unfinished Ikea dresser that's $35ish? OMG I DIE. You would too.

xo
Erin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin