Friday, February 14, 2014

Ambition: a Love Story

This is not a Valentine's Day post proclaiming my love for my boyfriend (though I do!). Today's post is a love story about ambition. It's about taking chances, dreaming big, and doing all of the things you've always wanted to do. 

I will be celebrating three years in the post-grad working world this month. But, in a few short weeks I'll be trading it all to follow my dreams of being my own boss. I am so excited to share that I will be running LPF Media, my new venture in freelance social media management & consulting as my full time job! Pinch me! I'm so glad I will never have to regret not taking this opportunity to see what I am capable of.

You see, I've always innately been an entrepreneur. I didn't realize it then, but as a kid, my lemonade stands, self-starter fundraisers to save the manatees & selling tickets to see plays I wrote starring my neighborhood friends.. that was my thing. Nothing made me prouder than seeing my ideas come to fruition. And I had a kids briefcase I used to carry around. What little kid plays dress up with a briefcase?! 

 Fast forward to today. I spend a huge percent of my free time working on the projects I'm passionate about- La Petite Fashionista Magazine, Midwest Bloggers network & of course- this blog! I also try to soak up all of the business advice I can get- every podcast I can get my hands on, every audiobook about entrepreneurship when I'm driving in the car & article about what's new in the world of social media. I am so excited to take it to the next level.

When I started my blog back (count em') seven years ago, I never imagined it would become such a big part of my life. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities it's given me, friends I've made, and support I've had from loved ones. It's so fitting that La Petite Fashionista has followed me throughout my journey of coming into my own in the kitchen, closet & career. 

Be sure to check out our brand new beautiful homepage for la petite fashionista & all of the social media tips, tricks, tutorials & services on my new lpf media page! Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get an extra dose of LPF love in your inbox & get our list of 50 fabulous blog post ideas!


Thank you everyone, for your support! 

xoxo, lauren


Molly Rasmussen said...

Congrats Lauren this is amazing news! You will absolutely prosper following your gut, talent, and heart! xx

Katie said...

Congratulations, Lauren! That is so exciting! I look forward to following your success! Happy Valentine's Day! xo

Tomissa said...

So proud of you, lady! I know great things are in store!

Shannon Berkery said...

Lauren this is so great- so happy for you!

Jessica Joyce said...

Congratulations on all the success. I always knew that instead of looking for the job I want, I should create the job I want. You've got the right mindset!
Your Friend, Jess

Camille said...

Lauren, I am SO proud of you for going after your dreams! People are right when they say that your dream job does not exist and you have to create it. Well, you definitely created yours!

You inspire me to go after my dreams! I admire everything that you have done with your blog and I hope that my blog can one day be as amazing as yours!


Taylor {Taste of Taylor} said...

Congrats girl! Good luck with your new venture! I'm sure with your passion and creativity it will be amazing! Can't wait to follow along!

Anonymous said...


Feel free to hire me. ;)

Lauren said...

Lauren, this is fantastic!!! i feel like we've been blogger friends for about 7 years too - proud mom moment ;) seriously you are awesome! go you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin