I can not believe that I've now been writing LPF for seven years! The blogging world has changed immensely and in the most dynamic of ways. Never did I imagine that when I started writing as a senior in high school, that social media would some day be my full time career!
The other week at our UWFW blogger panel, Molly, brought up an excellent point. She said, when you graduate from college and make your way into the real world, making friends is hard, like really hard. Blogging and joining blogging networks has made making friends so much easier.
This weekend in addition to my blog turning seven, I am turning twenty-five! I couldn't be happier for where my life journey and blog has taken me. I've made countless friends, cherished every comment that has come through, and learned more than I ever thought possible from running La Petite Fashionista.
Last week, I even had a Cinderella moment when I had the opportunity to fly out to San Fransisco to partner with Nordstrom Rack + meet some of my favorite bloggers like Caitlin, Taylor & Alicia! (See my image from our photo shoot above)!
Blogging has changed my life in ways I never thought possible. I thought i'd reflect on the seven blogging takeways I've learned in celebration of my 7 Year Bloggiversary!
1. Don't burn any bridges- the blogging world is small, be kind to everyone
2. It's okay to wear the same piece twice- just put a new spin on it
3. Reach out to + meet with other bloggers to expand your network
4. Take the time to respond to each person that takes the time to personally reach out to you
5. Start before you're ready. Like seriously- if you have any idea, buy the domain a hot second ago
6. It's okay to be a blogging nerd! Oogle over your analytics & read up on SEO
7. Say yes to new opportunities, you never know where they might take you
Whether its your first or hundredth time visiting La Petite Fashionista, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!