Friday, April 11, 2014

Cheers to Spring + Backyard Margaritas!

We had the first warm evening of spring and I couldn't resist setting out some of our outdoor furniture and fixing up a couple of margaritas for Kyle & I. What better way to take advantage of warm weather than a little bit of happy hour in the backyard (made festive with my favorite capri blue candle, succulent plant from kelly & thrifted brass pineapple & colorful cocktail napkins). I have a fun stash of cocktail napkins to break out whenever the occasion arises!

I snapped a few pictures of our impromptu cocktail hour this week! I love that a simple teak table can be made festive by adding a few colorful accents. 

 La Petite Fashionista: Backyard Margaritas

La Petite Fashionista: Best Margarita Recipe EVER!

La Petite Fashionista: Cheers to Spring

Have I ever mentioned how much I love a good homemade margarita? Kyle & I learned the DIY route in a cooking class we took together and have never turned back. I love knowing there's not a ton of additives and excess sugar like in a mix and they seriously taste SO much better and are less expensive when you make them yourselves. 

The trick is also to get a higher grade 100% agave tequila to make your margarita that much smoother. I love that you can also adjust the sweetness + tartness when you DIY your margarita! You can add in fruit juice or muddle up fruit to flavor them. Make sure you pin my go-to recipe above so you can try them out for your warm weather entertaining!



What's your favorite warm weather cocktail to whip up? Cheers to Friday everyone!

xoxo, lauren

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yummmm, I might have to whip one of these up in the near future!

26 and Not Counting

noey meirowsky said...

These look delicious! My husband and I are big margarita drinkers so we will be making these for sure! Looks so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin