Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY Spring Floral Arrangement

Over the weekend, the sun was shining and the weather was absolutely gorgeous and I just had the urge to do something creative! I wanted to bring a hostess gift to my boyfriend's mom for Easter and I headed down to the farmer's market to look for fresh flowers. Silly me, this freezing weather we've been having is less than ideal growing conditions for beautiful spring flowers.

I settled for a local grocery store's selection where I could purchase individual stems and picked out a few of my favorite blooms and colors; ranunculus, hydrangeas, yellow daisies & white baby's breath! I watched a few DIY tutorials, and then went to work. I'm no professional, but it was so much fun (& more affordable) taking the do it yourself route 

La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Floral Arrangement w/ Ranunculus + Hydrangeas

La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Floral Arrangement

 La Petite Fashionista: Mason Jar Floral Arrangement

I even had enough flowers leftover to make a mini arrangement in a mason jar (my go-to makeshift vase)! I've had fresh flowers in the house for the past month, and it's crazy how something so simple brings me so much joy! Now if only I can keep my herb garden alive this year..

I think putting together a bouquet is a little bit like an outfit! Choose a couple of statement flowers (ranunculus, hydrangeas, peonies, etc) to be the biggest parts of the arrangement and then a couple of inexpensive filler flowers (baby's breath, carnations & daisies). Keep the color palette complementary either in the same color family or colorful pop!

What's your favorite flower?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

4 comments :

Jessica said...

So pretty! I can't remember the last time I had fresh flowers in my place. I need to change that, stat. I'm a huge fan of ranunculus :)

Maya McDonald said...

So bright, and colorful, and totally YOU! Love your tips - I need to do this over the weekend :) xx

awhite said...

There's nothing quite like a fresh flower arrangement to make my kitchen/dining room feel like spring!

These arrangements are lovely, babe!

-Ashley
http://lestylorouge.com

Nan Blume said...

I have to say I am loving your arrangements right there. I think the arrangements look very full and colorful which make them light and airy. I think it is with the choice of spring-colored flowers and mixing and matching them that make the arrangement look cute. :) Good job!
Nan Blume