Thursday, April 24, 2014

Forever a Florida Girl

It doesn't matter how long I've been in Wisconsin- my Florida girl roots will always shine through. I'm always that girl that's dressed up in bright colors, with surfer stickers & tropical print seat covers for my car & a penchant for Jimmy Buffet songs. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm finishing up my last week of my online business program "B-School"! I've had the opportunity to connect through with a ton of incredibly talented entrepreneurs, especially in my smaller mentorship group. Jessica has an etsy shop at OhSoAntsy where she creates custom made state & country necklaces. So, when she offered to share her jewelry with another B-School sista I couldn't have been more excited!

Wearing this Florida necklace, with a little "heart" over my hometown, makes me feel like it' never too far away. I can't help but smile when I have it on.

 photo neonpinkfloridanecklace4_zps19768502.jpg

 photo neonpinkfloridanecklace_zps6b5ef7c6.jpg

 photo floridanecklace_zps83260c5c.jpg

 photo neonpinkdressfloridanecklace3_zps756bc7e9.jpg
What I'm Wearing: Florida Necklace - OhSoAntsy // Neon Pink Tribal Print Dress - Roxy

Be sure to visit Jessica's blog, OhSoAntsy to see more inspiration and jewelry pieces from her shop!

Can anyone to relate to moving far from home? I seriously can't believe it's been over three years since I left my home state. I really do love Wisconsin - especially the beautiful & always action packed summer months- but of course am always thinking about (and missing) friends & family at home!

Isn't it strange once you "grow up" and all of your friends start moving away across the country? I feel like it still hasn't hit me! I can only think of it as having lots of new fun places to visit!

xoxo, lauren

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have been wanting a FL necklace for forever. I think it would look especially cute layered with an arrow necklace for FSU. :) I'll have to look at her Etsy page. xx

Panty Buns said...

Your Neon Pink Tribal Print Dress is beautiful! I love the colours and design of the dress. The OhSoAntsy necklace is pretty too.
I happen to follow an English fashion blogger, Corinne. who just wrote a post on her blog skinnedcartree.com titled Tesco Haul - Holiday Clothes wondering what to wear on her vacation n Florida starting in 15 days. I'd imagine you would have good advice being forever a Florida girl.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Nathalie Alexandra said...

this dress is just so cute

http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

You look seriously gorgeous here! I love the dress - such a pretty colour and print.

Timothy Eng said...

Wisconsin sure looks great with some bright and tropical colors every once in a while! If you're going to do this as a business, it might just be a hit waiting to happen! Who knows how many people in Wisconsin are longing for these type of cute and colorful dresses? Your business program could very help you in this regard. Good luck!

Timothy Eng @ West Point Media

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin