Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lemon Strawberry Spritzer

During the summertime there are few things that I love more than cocktails on the porch or patio. I've become a pro at concocting delicious drinks with whatever ingredients we have around. Don't get me started on adding herbs to my drink.. I can't wait until my mint + basil herb garden is ready!

Tonight I whipped up a lemon strawberry spritzer. It's light, refreshing and sweet. It would be so perfect for hosting an outdoor happy hour with friends (and it's super easy to whip up). Break out your trusty cocktail mixer, because you'll definitely want to try this one.

Lemon Strawberry Spritzer

5 oz white wine (I love sauvignon blanc or.. whatever is on sale at Trader Joe's)
1 oz lemon juice (about half of a small lemon)
1 tsp fine sugar
2 Strawberries
2 oz club soda

1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle two strawberries with a tsp. of sugar
2. Add lemon juice & wine and a small amount of ice
3. Shake well, strain, & pour over ice in a cocktail glass
4. Top off glass with club soda (and maybe a fun garnish!)

Do you like making craft cocktails too? What are your go-to's (leave links so I can try them!)

xoxo, lauren


Rachel Lynne said...

Talk about really making a wine spritzer sound amazing... I NEED to try this!

Jessica said...

Sounds so delicious!

awhite said...

Yessss, patio time. My jam! Love the recipe- sounds yummy! :)


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin