Saturday, May 10, 2014

MadRunway Fashion Show

It's not very often that we have a fashion event in Wisconsin (though hopefully we're working to change that)- so when I was so thrilled to attend MadRunway hosted by the Madison Sewing Studio. I connected with the sweet organizers Maggie & Melissa when we went to talk small biz over coffee so I was so excited to support them. 

The talent for the event included designs from Emily Osterbauer, Dimes & Wednesday, Maggie Modena, Lauren Lynch & Alyssa Kristin. So much talent and creativity in the Midwest- I love it!

 photo madrunway2_zps2090ead9.jpg
Had the BEST craft cocktail from the bartenders at Forequarter at the event

 photo madrunway3_zpse5584e52.jpg
Was obsessed with this tutu skirt look from designer Alyssa Kristin

 photo madrunway5_zps495f2162.jpg
A beautiful navy number from Emily Osterbauer

 photo madrunway_zps4ab91d74.jpg
This long skirt came off of this dress & it turned into a mini dress from Alyssa Kristin

 photo madrunway6_zpsaafb6e67.jpg
Was obsessed with this boho look from Maggie Modena (& the pile of curls she had styled on each of the models heads)! She also designed all the prints for the textiles! So talented.

 photo madrunway8_zpsc8eb640c.jpg
This finale stunner from Alyssa Kirstin was jaw dropping gorgeous- was obsessed with the train!

The MadRunway fashion show was held at the gorgeous Madison Public Library during one of their Madison Bubbler events. It made me so excited for the future of local fashion and I can't wait to be more involved with at all!

xoxo, lauren


Maya McDonald said...

Love this recap, I was so sad I missed the celebrations! Thanks for the snaps so I could live vicariously through you :)

Jessica said...

That last dress is so gorgeous! It looks like it was a great event :)

Rachel Lynne said...

OH! Looks like so much fun! That second dress is gorgeous, love the detailing on it!

Lindsay Ropella said...

WHAT?! We had a REAL fashion show in Wisconsin?! I'm so sad I didn't know about this (but also excited that it existed at all, since whenever I go to another state people assume I own a cow and constantly wear overalls). Looks like it was such a blast! I love that Maggie Modena printed skirt :)

Maggie Welsh said...

Thanks for the wonderful article Lauren! You're so sweet! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

♥{Diana}♥ said...

Ah I didn't know about this. Was that on the 3rd floor of the library? I actually looked at having our wedding reception there!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin