Sunday, June 8, 2014

Crop Top Summer

If you would have asked me a few weeks ago if I'd be rocking crop tops this summer, I probably would have given you a solid heck no. For full transparency- let me tell you it's been a long long winter with entirely too much comfort food, and I am just now coming to terms with having to be in a bathing suit now that summer is here (but more on that later this week).

This week I ignored that voice in my head saying "no" & tried on this elastic waist maxi skirt & cropped tank top, and lo and behold- I felt confident and carefree. paired with a higher waist & tiny peek of midriff, it's actually flattering and highlights the smallest part of your frame if you have an hourglass shape like me.

La Petite Fashionista: Crop Top Summer
What I'm Wearing: Skirt: Aeropostale (similar) | Crop Top: Aeropostale | Shoes: Aldo via 6 PM (similar) | Chevron Bangle: Shop LaMalu (similar) | Pink Statement Necklace: LOFT (similar) | Sunglasses: Fendi via Nordstrom Rack

La Petite Fashionista: Crop Top & Skirt

La Petite Fashionista: Crop Top Summer

So, I encourage you all to break your own fashion rules. Don't be your own worst enemy in the dressing room. Give silhouettes & trends a chance that you wouldn't normally consider... you might surprise yourself!

The trick to wearing this style if you're on the petite side, or you've got some curves is to choose a skirt that hits higher on the waistline, and pair with a crop top that's not too short. If you're out of college- keep the midriff to a minimum. 

Have you found yourself in the same boat.. assuming that a certain style won't work for you & then become happily surprised when it does?

xoxo, lauren


Alissa said...

In a million years I would have never guessed I would be wearing crop tops either!

Sherin said...

Such a great look. I love the crop top so much. I might try them out this summer for myself.

Samantha Tananbaum said...

LOVE this look! I'm wearing a crop top in my post today too, and I never would have thought I would be into them either. Great advice about choosing a longer top, and a skirt with a high, defined waist.


Jessica said...

Girl, you are totally rockin' the crop top....SO HOT! I haven't given it a try just yet, but I want to now :)

Rachel Lynne said...

Dang you look good in a crop top! LOVE IT!

Panty Buns said...

You are obviously in great shape and look lovely styling crop-tops in your Summer outfits. I love the gorgeous pink colour of the waistline of your Aeropostale skirt.

Nikki said...

Love it! You look fabulous.


Allison said...

I love this look! You pull it off perfectly - this needs to be your official summer 2014 go to! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin