Monday, June 30, 2014

Pineapple Paradise

In the summertime I love nothing more on a Saturday evening than hunting through our liquor cabinet to mix up a DIY concoction. There's nowhere better to sit and drink one of my craft cocktails than relaxing in an adirondack chair in a summery sundress. I have a penchant for pineapples- whether it comes to my drink or decor- so I've been loving how much they've been trending lately.

I had the opportunity to design my dream dress on the Bow & Drape site. I knew right away that I wanted it to be pretty in pink & with a pineapple embellishment & ode to my adoration for Hawaii ("Aloha"!). The ballerina dress is super flattering & comfy too. It's pretty much the perfect complement to the Ruby Pina Colada cocktail I whipped up (recipe below!)

Customized "Aloha" Pineapple Dress from Bow & Drape

"Aloha" Dress from Bow & Drape

La Petite Fashionista: Pineapple Dress- Bow & Drape

I've been following Bow & Drape on instagram and have always loved their fun sequined sayings on everything from sweatshirts to totes- so I was overwhelmingly excited to have the opportunity to custom make my own design. The site is SO much fun to play around on- customizing dresses, tees, sweatshirts & more with your own witty phrases or sequined embellishments. I love that they're all produced in NYC and how you can make each piece so very 'you"!  Be sure to check out their site.

I also had to share the tasty cocktail I whipped up for the photoshoot which I've named the "Ruby Pina Colada Cocktail"

Ruby Pina Colada Cocktail

Ruby Pina Colada Cocktail
1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
6 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice

Rim of Glass:
1 tsp Honey
1 tbsp Coconut Flakes 

1. Coat rim of glass with honey & cover with coconut flakes
2. Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker, strain & pour over ice

I want to know what you'd design on the Bow & Drape site! Have any witty sayings you'd love to put on a tee?

xoxo, lauren

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love this dress - you look so pretty and summery! And that drink is the perfect compliment to summer, yummm. I have this bookmarked so I can make it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin