Thursday, June 5, 2014

Try This Trend: Matching Crop Top + Skirt

I love seeing my runway trend predictions come to fruition. During the SS14 fashion shows, I saw the matchy-matchy trend hit the runway in a big way. This look is everywhere for summer and though it  might seems fashion forward, it's actually really easy to wear for yourself. I just bought a set from Aeropostale and I'm pretty in love-  so excited to wear it in an outfit post!

I love this look best with just a tiny bit of midriff showing, and a full skirt- to keep it from feeling like something out of Clueless. Get the look with the styles below:

Try This Trend: Matching Crop Top + Skirt

I love seeing these stylish bloggers wear the matching separates trend because they show that it's just as wearable off the runway! I'm partial to the prints, but I think the solids coordinating top & skirt could be really elongating on a petite figure!

The best part about this trend is that you can easily wear each of the pieces mixed and matched with other pieces in your closet.

Would you try this trend?

xoxo, lauren

5 comments:

courtney parker said...

I am also a fan of the matching separates!

Love&Clothing | Tory Burch Giveaway

Jessica Joyce said...

I just bought my first crop top from ASOS and it definitely does more fashionable when matched. It's like the stylish pants suit. I'll definitely post that outfit.

Your Friend, Jess

Panty Buns said...

I love the look of the floral print crop top and skirt floral print crop top and skirt in Katalina Girl's outfit. I also love the look of the matching top and skirt in the Gumboot Glam outfit.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Lindsay Ropella said...

Yea! I've been seeing this trend a lot more lately. I think it's absolutely adorable. I would totally try rocking this trend (if I tone up the middle a bit haha). My favorite is the outfit by Gal Meets Glam

Allison said...

I love this - it's got a little bit of a 90's vibe to it, but I'm seriously in love with it. Now to just get the courage to wear a crop top!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin