Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Try This Trend: Mix + Match Bikinis

It's hard to believe that not so long ago no one really sold bikinis as separates. You were pretty much stuck with whatever came in sets regardless of print and pattern or size. I used to create my own mix + match sets in my swimsuit drawer, pulling different tops and bottoms together to create new sets.

Thankfully, separates have pretty much become a must-have for swimsuit brands- and for good reason. Now, you can choose the tops and bottoms that fit and flatter your figure and even have a little fun (and add some versatility) by mixing it up.

Check out my favorite mix & match tops and bottoms in trendy summer prints:

Try This Trend: Mix + Match Bikinis

Shop the Trend: Tribal Print Top | BottomGeometric Glam Top | Bottom,
Chevron Chic Top | Bottom, Island Girl Top | Bottom


Here are a few of my favorite tips for mixing and matching your swimwear:

1.  Choose one pattern piece & one solid for easiest mixing and matching 
2. Choose a print to highlight whichever area of your body you'd like to play up (Flat chested? Try a printed top! No junk in the trunk? Go for a printed bottom!)
3. Select a print that features the solid color so it will coordinate easily
4. Wear the same size on top & bottom? Save money and build your swim wardrobe by picking up inexpensive sets that you can mix and match at T.J. Maxx & Marshalls

I'm loving all of the fun details that are trending in swim this year- unique cutouts, athletic inspired styling, photo-real prints, bustiers, and watercolor prints are all getting a ton of play.

Do you mix & match your swimwear tops + bottoms?

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Sherin said...

I love this. I definitely need to try it out this summer.

courtney parker said...

Love the geometric glam!

Love&Clothing

Jessica said...

I found the perfect pair of black bottoms several years ago and I've been buying tops to mix and match with it ever since! I'll take one of each, please :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin