Thursday, July 3, 2014

Healthy 4th of July Fruit Kabobs + Greek Yogurt Dip

I love any excuse to celebrate (as I'm sure most of my LPF readers do!) So, I'm so excited for a weekend of cookouts, floating in the lake, and wearing lots of red, white & blue. I'm headed back to Florida for one of my besties' bridal showers in a few weeks so I'm trying not to over-indulge before I have to be in a bikini.

I whipped up these patriotic fruit kabobs & a healthy greek yogurt fruit dip. They're a sweet treat- but way healthier than a fruit dip you'd buy in stores. These would be the perfect snack for a 4th of July cookout- or all summer long. You can experiment by swapping out with other types of fruit.

Healthy 4th of July Fruit Kabobs + Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip

Fruit Skewers:
Kabob Sticks
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Blueberries

Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip:
6 oz plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix well & enjoy!


Putting the fruit kabobs together actually reminded me a lot of making jewelry as a kid- trying different color & fruit combinations. I'll definitely be making these for more get togethers. I'm all about a healthy but tasty appetizer option!

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

xoxo, lauren

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yum these look great! I love using Greek yogurt to make a recipe healthier because it almost always tastes exactly the same as its unhealthy counterpart.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin