Saturday, August 9, 2014

Best Beach Reads of Summer 2014

I have a confession to make.. I judge a book by its cover. It sounds silly, but seriously I'm so much more likely to pick up a book with a beautifully designed cover (and usually read the first couple pages to see if I'll like it). Thankfully these books not only have gorge covers but glowing reviews too- so they're all going on my summer reading list!

When I was growing up I was a total bookworm- making weekly trips to the library with my gramma, and reading like crazy - I credit my horrible vision to trying to read in the dark backseat of my parent's Mercury as a kiddie. 

I bring you my list of best beach reads - with beautiful covers + reviews!
Best Beach Reads of Summer


I think I'm going to download Mindy Kaling's book for a flight today- I've listened to #GirlBoss on Audible- It's one of my faves! Also, did you know that Robert Galbraith, the author of The Cuckoo's Calling, is actually a pen name for J.K. Rowling? I've heard so many good things about these reads. It's time for this bookwork to get to work!

What are your latest reads / on your summer reading list?

xoxo, lauren


P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway for Maverick Hill's "Dreams Dont Work Unless You Do" Tee & sign up for the Social Media With Style Workshop- use code "lplaunches" to get $10 off the course this weekend!

6 comments:

ur li'l miss sunshine said...

Thanks for sharing these books!! I wanna check everything!

http://everybodyssunshine.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

I just started "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg...not the prettiest of covers ;) I also checked out Chelsea Handler's "Uganda Be Kidding Me" to take to the lake this week.

I want to read a few of these too!

Jodie Santer said...

I really want to read Eleanor and ParK! I've read Fan Girl and loved it, so now I'm excited to read more of her books.
Jodie x
www.santersgrotto.net

Sherin said...

Mindy Kaling's book is amazing. I loved reading it. Can't wait to pick up some of the others in this list.

Kelsey said...

I've read Beautiful Ruins and think it's a great pick for a summer read. I recently finished The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, which I enjoyed but I know a lot of people haven't. I'm in the middle of The Goldfinch right now too.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for these tips on books. I have not read one book this summer, only magazines and blogs:) I read books more during the fall and winter. But it's great to get some ideas.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin