I cannot believe that a year ago, working in the corporate world, the idea of being my own boss seemed so far out of reach.. and now I'm a few days from launching my first round of the "Social Media with Style Workshop"! My #GirlBoss journey is only just beginning, but I'm so grateful to be pursuing something I'm so passionate about- helping others find their blogging bliss & social media success!
I love being a part of the blogging community because it seems like everyone is a whole lot like me- ambitious, creative, and fully embracing the creative process. This tee from Midwest fashion line, Maverick Hill says it best- "Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do". It won't always be easy, you might have to work 80 hours a week so you don't have to work a 40-hr per week job, but if your heart is in it.. you can make those dreams happen.
Since I first set off on this entrepreneurial journey I've been trying to soak up every ounce of wisdom I can- listening to podcasts & audiobooks, reading books, going to conferences.
I wanted to share a few of the books on my #girlboss reading list- all written by women for women to inspire, motivate, and give you just the kick in the butt you need to go work for those dreams.
The #GirlBoss Reading List:
- #GIRLBOSS: The book that sparked a million #hashtags. But seriously, Sophia, founder of NastyGal.com has some no-nonsense applicable advice and talks about her struggles as well as successes.
- By Invitation Only: Alexandra and Alexis are founders of Gilt Groupe- the site that originated the fashion flash sale, forever changing the way we shop online.
- Thrive: Arianna Huffington talks about what's more important than money & power to feeling truly successful & how essential it is to strike a balance as to not achieve burnout.
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead Sheryl Sandberg, CEO of Facebook encourages women to "sit at the table", seek challenges, take risks & pursue their goals.
- Fearless & Fabulous: 10 powerful strategies for getting anything you want in life and how to overcome the fears that get in the way.
- The Woman I Wanted to Be: A soon to be released memoir from iconic fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg reflects on her extraordinary life- challenges and breakthroughs.
- The Confidence Code: Deconstructing the elusive and mystifying characteristic of confidence & offering a way to introduce more if it into our lives.
- Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential women entrepreneurs share their worst mistakes & how they learned from them on their way to success.
Have a favorite business book/podcast? DO share, I love adding to my reading lists. Fellow #girlboss, just getting started? Feel free to send me an email, I love the moral support!
Check out my Social Media With Style Workshop & one on one Social Media Strategy Sessions!