Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stylish Creativity & Organization with Sharpie

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sharpie, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia  #StaplesBTS http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

A lot of people have asked me about the creative process for blogging. Like how after blogging all this time I'm still able to come up with new ideas for blog posts. There's a lot of places I like to look for to get inspiration- but sometimes the best is just to get it all organized on paper. Today I'm sharing I use my favorite markers from Sharpie to get inspiration & create my blog editorial calendar.

It seems like as a new entrepreneur I'm always at Staples (no complaints here! ;). Staples is my go-to for picking up office supplies & my desk is never without Sharpie markers- the more colorful the better. I love using colorful markers to get all my thoughts on paper (& love working outside at coffee shops!)

Creativity + Organization for Small Biz + Bloggers w/ Sharpie

Let me take you through my creative process to get organized for La Petite Fashionista!

1. I start by brainstorming ideas- usually this involves lots of doodles.  Write it all down with your Sharpie markers. Get creative, use lots of color, and put down anything that comes to mind during this "brain dump" activity (grab my printable blog brainstorm doc here)

Creativity + Organization for Small Biz + Bloggers w/ Sharpie

2.  Next I start to organize my thoughts into an editorial calendar. Mapping out the next month's blog topics. It's a great way to visualize that I have a mix of fashion, entertaining & interior design themes.

Creativity + Organization for Small Biz + Bloggers w/ Sharpie | Free Blog Brainstorm Printable

3.  Once I have everything mapped out, I also like to add in my daily blog traffic as a way to track progress! Even better- set a goal for yourself! I love a good challenge!

Creativity + Organization for Small Biz + Bloggers w/ Sharpie

Lucky for you the Sharpies Fine & Ultra Fine Tip Markers are on sale right now at Staples (while supplies last)! I love the Ultra Fine Tip Sharpie Markers for writing, the fine tip are perfect for adding pops of color and boldness. I'm partial to LPF colors (neon pink, turuqoise & metallic gold!)

Creativity + Organization for Small Biz + Bloggers w/ Sharpie

Want to download my free blog brainstorm printable? Click here!  
& click here to download the printable calendar!

I'm thankful for the opportunity to do something that allows me so much creativity & constant inspiration. One of the fun part of being a small business owner? Shopping for office supplies.. it's like the Girl Boss version of back to school shopping.. and that is an idea I can get behind!

How do you like to put your ideas to paper?

xoxo, lauren


Jessica said...

I love your brain dump idea :) Mine doesn't consists of as much doodling, but I've been making brain dump lists ever since GBS!

Kelly said...

I love how bright and colorful it is!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin