Thursday, August 21, 2014

How to Take Your Summer Wardrobe into Fall

Few things make me sadder than having to put away my summer clothes and replace the sundresses and tank tops with sweaters. If you're fully protesting the end of summer as well- you're in luck! I'm sharing my favorite looks for transitioning your summer wardrobe into fall & a few tips for doing the same with your wardrobe.
 
Get inspired (& savor your summer style- just a little bit longer!)
 
Tips for taking your Summer Wardrobe into Fall
 
 
Tips for Taking Your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall
 
 
Tips for Taking Your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall:
  • Pair your belted midi skirts with sweaters & heels
  • Swap out shorts for jeans with your floaty summer tops
  • Layer dresses with utility & jean jackets
  • Swap out sandals w/ slip-on shoes for a casual chic look with dresses
  • Pair patterned shorts with long drapey cardigans
  • Accessorize with scarves & floppy felt hats 
After working on this post I've definitely added a few things to my Fall Must-Have list. I'm obsessed with that deep brown/tan cognac shade  & definitely need a couple more midi-length skirts in my closet!
 
What's your favorite way to savor summer with your wardrobe?
 
xoxo, lauren


7 comments:

alexandrasperrazza said...

I love the way you can add a chunky sweater to something to transition it from summer to fall. Loving these looks. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Panty Buns said...

I like the mustard blouse in look 2 of the first group and think it would be pretty worn as a dress. The T-shirt dress looks cute and comfy too. I also like the pink cardigan. I'm afraid Fall will be here all too soon, and I'll be thinking about what contrasting complimentary outfit pieces might look nice layered together.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Maya McDonald said...

Such good advice as usual - can you come work on my closet for me? xx

Kacie Firkins said...

Love these tips! I am SO ready for fall style - it's my fave! Definitely going to take some of your suggestions into consideration as we enter September!

Kacie
RegallySoled.com

Audrey Solheid said...

Oh, I love that mustard blouse with the jeans! Great looks and ideas for the big summer to fall transition.
Have a great weekend!

Audrey
www.audreysalutes.com

Lindsay @ The Newlywed Notebook said...

Such great ideas! I LOVE being able to wear items across seasons and get more mileage out of them! I'm really digging the skinny jeans with the yellow dress too, how unexpected but adorable!

anrusso said...

Great tips! Now I need tips on how to make my hair look that good!

Annica
www.lifemodifier.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin