Thursday, September 11, 2014

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte

I'm 100% willing to admit w/ no shame that I'm excited to start experiencing #allpumpkineverything again-  including the infamous PSL.  But, do you ever wish you could un-see something? For me it was the amount of sugar in a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. It seriously scarred me & I've been on the hunt for a DIY recipe ever since.

I found quite a few on pinterest, but nearly all of them had instructions to cook on a stovetop. But seriously, who has time for that in the morning? I'm lucky if I can muster up the energy to make a smoothie. This recipe takes place entirely in your coffee mug & all you need is a microwaves.

 Enjoy this guilt-free pumpkin spice latte recipe (I took the honor of taste testing a few versions & I can assure you it's delicious)!

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte (& easy to whip up!)

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
1/2 cup coffee (or 2 shots espresso)
1 cup coconut milk (or the milk of your choice)
2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
1 tbsp. honey (sweeten to taste)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla

(feeling decadent? Try some whipped cream topping & salted caramel drizzle)

1. Add all ingredients (except hot coffee) to a coffee mug; stir with a fork
2. Microwave for 2 minutes 
3. Stir in coffee & either microwave for additional 30 seconds or use a handheld frother
4. Stir well once more & ENJOY!

Seriously, is there anything better than the taste of fall right in your coffee cup? :) This drink is going to be on regular rotation at LPF headquarters.

xoxo, lauren

10 comments:

anrusso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anrusso said...

Yum! I had a semi homemade one this morning! My apartment complex has this fancy coffee machine with hot chocolates, teas and steamers too. I get a hazelnut vanilla steamer and add in one of the Starbucks PSL Via packets.

Annica
www.lifemodifier.com

Kelsey said...

Love it! This will be a great use for the extra pumpkin puree that there always seems to be when you need it for a baking recipe.

Jeanette said...

That sounds really good:)

How do the workshop work? I did make an order for it and my order number is: #00015.
It says that it was starting today and that's why I'm asking:) In the order mail is said that I will get a welcome packet, but I have not recieved one yet.

sunshinestephanie said...

I also wish I could unsee the amount of sugar in Starbucks PSL! I love pumpkin everything but can't justify drinking something that sugary :(
I've tried the stovetop ones and while they're tasty, i just don't have enough time in the morning before work to make it. Cant wait to try this, it looks so good!

Ali Weber said...

I can't wait to try this one! I tried one earlier this week and thought it was on the right try until I bought the real deal from Starbucks the next day... so hard to get the delicious taste without the simple syrup and full milk! I have hope for this one!

Lindsay Ropella said...

Wohoo!! Definitely buying the ingredients for this and trying it this weekend!! I try to avoid the PSL's for exactly that reason, but they are just so gooood! Thanks for sharing this one!!

Maya McDonald said...

Aaaaaaaand this is what I've been waiting for my entire life. Not John Mayer to realize he's in love with me (okay maybe), but a healthy PSL is what I've always wanted! xx

Anonymous said...

Are you tired of buying jerseys to show your team spirit and having them look like scaled down versions of guys jerseys? Want to add a little dash of fashion to that game day outfit? Want it to be customized with your name of that of your sorority?

www.papigirl.com is doing just that.

Being as they just launched I thought you would like to tell your readers that they are now free to look sexy at the games with Papi Girl.

Eli Regalado
eli@madhatteragency.com

eli said...

Are you tired of buying jerseys to show your team spirit and having them look like scaled down versions of guys jerseys? Want to add a little dash of fashion to that game day outfit? Want it to be customized with your name of that of your sorority?

www.papigirl.com is doing just that.

Being as they just launched I thought you would like to tell your readers that they are now free to look sexy at the games with Papi Girl.

Eli Regalado
eli@madhatteragency.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin