Friday, September 12, 2014

Runway to Real Way: SS15 Fashion Trends

Even though I didn't make it to New York Fashion Week this year (next year, I promise)! I've been busy catching up on all of the runway shows, and living vicariously through my blogging friends.
A lot of the time people don't understand why they have runway shows or who would wear the crazy looks that come down the runway. After working in the fashion industry I can break it down for you!

Most of the time the looks that come down the runway aren't meant to be taken literally, they're more for inspiration. The pieces that finally make it into our favorite stores (at price tags we can afford) contain elements that are inspired by the runway collections. I've been trend forecasting since I first started the blog, trying to find the continuity between the collections- it's still something I enjoy (especially when I'm right)!

Check out my pinterest boards for more of my favorite runway looks. I'll start with three of my favorite SS15 Runway Trends from NYFW - check back later next week for more!

SS15 Runway to Real Way | Fashion Trends: Gingham

Gingham is going to be a really important pattern trend for Spring/Summer 15- you'll be seeing it in everything from coordinated sets to skirts, to coats. The most popular colors of gingham or black & blue, but the pink is really fun for a change!

SS15 Runway to Real Way | Fashion Trends: Coordinated Separates

Coordinated Separates -or the Matchy Matchy trend as I like to call it- is back again for Spring Summer 15.  You'll see it show up most often in skirt & shirt combos - but  jacket and shorts as well, for a modern take on the short suit. Patterns will continue to be important for this silhouette as well as textured fabrics like lace.


SS15 Runway to Real Way | Fashion Trends: Neutrals
1. Kaelen | 2. Joie | 3. BCBG | 4. Mara Hoffman | 5. Nanette Lepore | 6. Jenny Packham

Neutral Colors are going to be trending for Spring/ Summer 15- think ballerina pinks, white, cream,  & dusty pastels. Look for them especially in floaty and chiffon and silk fabrications and every silhouette you can imagine. These colors are ultra-feminine and very on-trend.

I love doing my runway recap series because it shows how to take some of the crazy looks that come down the runway and interpret them for your own wardrobe!

Have you been keeping an eye on the runway collections too? Which are your favorite? I'd have to say Michael Kors & Nanette Lepore are my favorites from NYFW!

xoxo, lauren

See more of my favorite looks on my SS15 NYFW Pinterest Board!

5 comments:

Ali Weber said...

Those graphics are killer! I'm obsessed. Just ordered a gingham JCrew vest the other day, look at me so trendy ;)

PatrĂ­cia M. said...

You really highlighted some of my favorite looks on NYFW, the gingham and the co-ords are so close to perfection!

<3
http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

Sherin said...

Loving these trends. I'm always excited to see gingham on the catwalk - it's a personal favourite of mine.

Kacie Firkins said...

Great recap/trend report! Love finding images like these - I'll be pinning them! :)

Kacie
RegallySoled.com

Derek Osborne said...

I agree with you. Runway shows are conducted to give the people a place to express themselves using fabric as the medium. As they say, you are what you wear. It’s still the confidence and proper attitude that makes a person look remarkable in their clothing, but a good dress wouldn't hurt too. Haha! Thanks for sharing!

Derek Osborne @ Pure Love Boutique

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin