Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Latest Lust: Chic Coats

Growing up in Florida the idea of having to put a coat on every time you go outside was completely foreign to me. It was probably one of the most difficult transitions for me when I moved (other than you know, that whole scraping ice off your car every morning thing). I was constantly leaving my house without a coat and subsequently freezing my butt off- either suffering for the sake of fashion or totally underestimating the sub-zero temperatures.
 
Now, with a few winters under my belt, I've come to realize that the trick to ensure you're properly bundled up each time you go outside is to make sure you have some cute coats! I have my tried and true puffy down coats that make me feel like I'm in a sleeping bag- but I definitely need to add a couple of more fashion forward pieces to my fall & winter wardrobe.
 
I've rounded up a few outerwear trends that will leave you chic but not cold!
Latest Lust: Chic Coats
 
Shop The Post: Chic Coats
Plaid- Long Plaid Coat: Nasty Gal | Black & White Plaid: B.B. Dakota | Plaid Moto Jacket: GAP
Candy Colored- Pink Coat: JOA | Long Boucle Coat- Nordstrom | Colorblock Coat: Dynamite
Texture- Faux Fur Jacket: Glamorous | Tweed Coat: BB Dakota | Slouchy Wool Coat: Free People
 
A few coat trends for this year are plaid patterns, candy colored coats (with big lapels or long open coats), & texture in the form of tweed, faux fur & boucle.
 
Fun fact - I actually started off my fashion merchandising career in Outerwear. It was pretty ironic for the girl who had only been in a snow a couple of times to be selecting an outerwear assortment, but I learned a ton about quality, fabrics & technical features. I always recall my merchandising know-how when I'm shopping for winter jackets!
 
What type of coat do you wear to look chic & cozy in chilly temperatures?
 
xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Sherin said...

I love these coats so much. I really need more fun coats, instead of the usual black ones.

Rachel said...

I love the pastel ones!

Sienna said...

i love the plaid bomber jackets this season!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin