Monday, November 10, 2014

Gifts That Give Back: TOMS for Target

When it comes to the holidays there is no better feeling than choosing the perfect gifts for friends, family & loved ones. Imagine giving a gift that also gives back to others in need- it truly makes this time of year even sweeter. Nothing makes me happier than being able to help others- especially if it’s with choosing beautiful gifts for everyone on my list!
I was so excited to hear that the philanthropic brand, TOMS is partnering with Target this holiday season. Starting on November 16th, for every TOMS for Target limited edition gift that is purchased, Target is giving shoes, a blanket or meals to those in need! I love their brand ethos and each of the pieces in the collection are totally on trend- from cozy sweaters to coffee mugs to blankets. The best part is that each give back to a different need ranging from the American Red Cross to Feeding America. As TOMS likes to say One for One. For All!
In celebration of the new TOMS for Target collection, I’m sharing a few of my favorite gifts that give back- and a simple DIY for you to give back in your own community.
Gifts That Give Back:
Marled Sweatshirt, Scarf & Bracelets: TOMS for Target Collection | Goodney Sunglasses: Warby Parker 
Knitting Basket: The Little Market | Embroidered Top: Raven and Lily 
   Bangles: Alex and Ani | Pink Necklace: 31 Bits| Blankets: TOMS for Target Collection
The best part about these gifts is that not only do they all give back to wonderful causes, they’re also stylish! How wonderful to be able to give beautiful gifts and help positively impact someone’s life!
  If you’re looking for a way to give back within your own community, I have a simple & affordable to make DIY project for a toiletry kit. These are perfect to give to local homeless shelters where simple everyday items like shampoo or toothpaste can be luxuries for those in need.
Gather unused travel size toiletry items for your kit - I love picking these up at Target. You might also have extras from traveling. I’ve placed all my items in a mason jar with a positive note, but a plastic bag works just as well.
Check out your local shelters for details on dropping off items & what toiletry items they are especially in need of. This quick DIY can absolutely make someone’s day!
Go check out the new limited edition TOMS for Target collection, online and in stores on November 16th at Target.
What’s your favorite way to give back during the holidays?
xoxo, lauren
Compensation for this post was provided by Target via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target or AOL.


Jessica said...

Love, love, love this! If I can knockout people on my Christmas list and give back at the same time, that's the best feeling ever :) Harevesters sits at our grocery store on Sunday and that's when I do my shopping so I always try and pick up a little sometimes extra to give to them on the way out!

Lindsay Ropella said...

What a nice idea! I love that companies do this! I love Target, and this post totally did not help my obsession!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

These are wonderful ideas, and I can't wait for the TOMS for Target collection!

Kathrine Eldridge said...

Love that Raven and Lily top! Giving back is so important and I love that TOMS does that. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin