Monday, December 15, 2014

LPF Does Chicago

 Kyle & I took a trip to Chicago this weekend- which has sort of become a fun little tradition for us. Both of us would much rather receive experiences rather than material presents- so we almost always choose to celebrate the holidays or birthdays with a getaway (even if just for the day!), cooking lessons, or a fun activity we can do together.
As usual, I  did the worst job trying to take cute couple pictures of the two of us. We were too busy soaking up the scenes of Chicago - which is just fine by me.  I wanted to share a few of the snapshots from our weekend & share a few of my favorite things to do if you visit during the holidays!
LPF Does Chicago
Window Shopping: I used to work in visual merchandising, so I live for seeing all of the beautiful store windows and displays- especially around the holidays. The Kate Spade & Ralph Lauren stores are always two of my favorites - and of course the opulent department store displays. The Christmas trees that are four stories tall are a sight to be seen!
Wining & Dining: My guy & I are major foodies so we went a little crazy at Dylan's Candy Bar for an afternoon sugar rush, spent some time oogling the selection at Eataly and stopping in for a famous Portillo's hot dog. Our favorite meal of the weekend was at Quartino- where we shared tons of small plates, delicious sangria and topped of the meal with tasty tiramisu.
Exploring Downtown: We spent our evenings walking around downtown, grabbing some coffee and watching the ice skaters at Millennium Park. We stopped by the Christkindl Market to warm up with some German mulled gluhwein and candied almonds. It's pretty perfect for instantly putting you in the Christmas spirit!
I can hardly believe Christmas is only a week and a half away. I'm looking forward to enjoying these days to the fullest.. including some baking tonight!
What are you doing to celebrate the holidays?
xoxo, lauren


Jessica said...

I haven't been to Chicago during the holiday months in years, but I want to try and go back next year! I'm so glad you guys had a good time :)

The Color Palette said...

Portillos hot dogs are great , but the chicken sandwich is better :) glad you enjoyed your trip

Sarah Lagen said...

Great agenda!! That's like the perfect winter time Chicago weekend!!

Katie said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip! I love the Kate Spade Store there. It's so cute! Quartino is so tasty - one of my favorite places for a date night downtown. I'm so glad you checked out the ice rink, it's a magical little spot.

Happy holidays! xo

Annica said...

We loved the Christmas Market! The spiced wine was amazing, and the mugs were adorable!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin