Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sugarplum Pink

I can hardly contain my excitement! Kyle & I leave for a weekend in Chicago at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. Three years ago we went at Christmas time & we still reminisce about our weekend of exploring the Art Institute, peeking at holiday store windows & eating our weight in deep dish pizza. Be sure to follow me on instagram this weekend as I document our travels!

I picked up this ultra cozy fuzzy pink sweater at Aero a couple of weeks ago. With its candy colored hue it makes me feel like one of the Nutcracker's sugar plum fairies! I love any excuse to break out bright colors & pastels in the winter- perfectly paired with sequins, of course!

La Petite Fashionista: Pink Sweater + Sequins

What I'm Wearing:
Sequin Structured Skirt: Bohme | Pink Fuzzy Sweater: Aeropostale (similar) | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff  | Pink Statement Necklace: LOFT (similar) | Black Patent Platform Heels: Target (similar)

La Petite Fashionista: Pink Sweater + Sequins

La Petite Fashionista: Pink Sweater + Sequins

La Petite Fashionista: Pink Sweater + Sequins

I've gotten so used to wearing pants every day that it feels oh-so-good to be dressed up in a skirt. I love this one from Bohme. It's structured & stretchy and makes for the perfect party skirt! This look is perfect for someone who wants to get dressed up for holiday parties (& not freeze)- just pair with tights, lightweight sweater & statement necklace.

I love sequins any time of year- but especially during the holidays. What's your favorite way to wear sequins?

xoxo, lauren


Rachel said...

I love fuzzy sweaters- can't believe this one is from Aero! Love

Kathrine Eldridge said...

Love this look and I absolutely adore that skirt. Box pleats are so pretty. :) Enjoy your trip to Chi-town.

Diego PatiƱo said...

Fashionist is the best.

Look out site and find a kyut clothes.

Visit us.

Hillary @ styleinasmalltown said...

I love this look on you, Lauren! The color is so pretty and pops beautifully against the neutral creams and black. I've been looking for a similar skirt for some time, how is the sizing? What would you recommend? Thanks!

Mil said...

Love that skirt!! A little sparkle is always a good idea. Have a fabulous time in Chicago (I used to live there)! Yay!

Jessica said...

Have fun in Chicago! Go get drunk at the Christkindl market and buy too many ornaments. (You know, like I did...) ;-)

(P.S. If you're interested, I'm giving away a couple of pieces of jewelry from Gerard Yosca:

Sherin said...

I love that pink top. It's such a sweet colour. And your hair is looking amazing in these pictures. You have to put up a tutorial.

Abby said...

This look is adorable! I love the white skirt with the opaque black tights! I feel like a lot of people are afraid to rock that combo! Love it!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin