Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Rustic Glam Christmas Decor

Every time I step into our living room & kitchen I'm overwhelmed with happiness. I don't know if it's the fragrance of pine from the candles we have burning every evening or the glow from the lights on the tree or Kyle & I curled up on the couch watching Christmas movies.

This year as we've decorated our place in what I like to call rustic glam. Kyle grew up in a rural area so I love that it taps into his Midwestern roots. He & his dad built me the chalkboard below using reclaimed wood from their barn. How did I get so lucky?! The natural elements mixed with glam metallic & mercury glass is the perfect blend of both of our styles & I love how it turned out!
La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
reclaimed barnboard chalkboard & wreath

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
 "bucky" our faux taxidermy makes the perfect ornament holder



La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
a few rustic vignettes with reindeer, santa & DIY metallic pinecones

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
coffee table tray with painted antlers, blown glass ornaments & mercury glass votive holders

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
reclaimed wood centerpiece with mercury glass ornaments & fair isle table runner

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
metallic pinecone garland & pointsettias 

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
rustic glam Christmas tree with wood snowflakes & silver and gold ornaments

La Petite Fashionista: Rustic Glam Holiday
 rustic glam bar tray- wine bottle bag, cheers glasses & metallic table runner

 I've rounded up a few of my favorite products to help you get the look too:


I think our faux taxidermy deer "Bucky" is one of my favorite parts of the décor. I bought the deer for Kyle last year from Amazon & we DIY'd him with white spray paint. He's been a great little addition to the living room. I'm also loving the hammered silver bar tray (see it again here in my tablescape post), it makes the perfect area for entertaining. I can't wait to pop open the cider we bought in Door County a few weekends ago!

Have you decorated your place yet for the holidays? Tweet me a photo or link @lpfashionista!

xoxo, lauren

8 comments:

Natalie Folchi said...

Your Christmas decorations are gorgeous, Lauren! I need to really step up my game now :)

xo,
Natalie | CincinNatalie
cincin-natalie.com

Jessica said...

Can you come do my house next?! It looks like a cozy winter wonderland in there!

26 and Not Counting

Katie said...

I love all of your decor! It love that you melded your two styles together. Happy holidays!

xo katie
Twin Stripe

Maya McDonald said...

Every nook in your house is so so cute! Love the pictures too lady! xx

lifeasart said...

Beautiful. I love that style of Christmas decor!

Taylor {Taste of Taylor} said...

love this style for the holidays! you have such an eye for decorating. i'd love to see how the places looks during the rest of the year! :-)

Kelsey said...

Where are those gold, glittery candlesticks from?! They would tie in great with the vision I have for my wedding reception centerpieces :)

Kelsey said...

Nevermind, just saw the tablescape post!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin