Monday, January 12, 2015

Latest Lust: Loving the Lob

Do you ever just kind of feel like you're in a hair rut? I'll be the first admit that trendy haircuts we're nowhere near the top of my priority list over the last year while I've been getting my business up and running. My hair's gotten to the point that on good days it's long and memaid-like & on the bad days Morticia from the Addams family. With the start of the new year, I'm just ready for some change.
I think I feel a little like Lauren Conrad- while stepping out of my comfort zone with fashion is no problem- when it comes to my hair it's a whole different story. I've had so many bad haircuts that I've been scarred for life. There was that one time that my bestie gave me an accidental pixie cut at age 6 and I spent the next four years trying to awkwardly grow it out.  Also, the awful blunt bangs I had until age 13, but that's a story for another post.
The point is with a new year, I'm ready for some new hair... and I'm loving the lob!
Hair Inspiration: Loving the Lob
Image Credit: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |5 | 6
What is the lob you ask? It's just a long bob. It's that just quite shoulder length crop. I love all of these inspiration images because messy waves are my thing. My hair won't stay sleek & straight worth a darn, and I'm as low maintenance as they come. I need a haircut I can add a little product to, or braid at night and have some tousled but chic waves in the A.M. (you know.. that perfect #iwokeuplikethis hair).
Ever since I saw Jenna Dewan-Tatum's long bob on the red carpet last night, I couldn't stop thinking about the chop! Lovely ladies like Lauren Conrad, Lucy Hale & Megan Fox have been rocking the lob lately - as well as lovely blogger Julia of Gal Meets Glam.
I think I'm ready to take the plunge, but I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck!
Have you ever done anything drastic with your hair? Thoughts?!

xoxo, lauren


Tracy Schlax said...

Last year for my 30th birthday I stripped by dark brown hair and dyed it violet. Rocked the look all summer (faded to a very pretty lavender). Best life choice I ever made. I do not recommend doing this at home: Aveda actually has a wide range of wild colors they will dye your hair, just ask!

Livia Boerger said...

I went black on accident before! I left my brownish color in too long so it turned out as black! It took so much time {and money} to get all the darkness out. My natural color is blonde but I was a brunette / redhead for over 7 years until I decided to take the plunge and go back to blonde again! Looking back, I am glad I did.



Rhiannon Langford said...

I did the lob a few weeks ago! I'm at collarbone length right now, but I'm totally addicted to the chop and might go even shorter.

Jennie said...

Ah! I totally want a lob too but just don't have the hair to cooperate!

Sherin said...

I like the idea of the lob. I think I'll seriously think about getting this the next time I want to do something drastic.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin