Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Little Red Dress & Florals for Valentine's Day

Today's post in celebration of Valentine's Week includes one of my favorite date night looks- the little red dress! I love the cheeky cutouts in this Betsey Johnson frock, but it's especially feminine and chic when styled with a boxy cropped floral jacket. Since there's still snow on the ground here in Wisconsin, I've paired the look with warm & cozy fleece lined tights!
 
Slipping on a little red dress kind of makes you feel ultra-sassy especially with a matching red lip! Don't you agree?
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
What I'm Wearing:
 Red Dress: Betsey Johnson (similar) | Floral Jacket: Nordstrom (similar)
Fleece Lined Tights: H&M (similar) | Black Wedge Ankle Boots: Forever 21 (similar)
Black Purse: Rebecca Minkoff | Gold Chain Bracelet: Sweet & Spark (similar)
 
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
La Petite Fashionista: Little Red Dress & Cropped Floral Jacket | Date Night Look
 
I'm not going to lie- date night in the Wisconsin winter can be totally brutal.  I love Netflix & making dinner, but it's nice to switch it up! Kyle & I asked for gift certificates to our favorite restaurants for Christmas, so those are perfect for when we want to go out & still save some money! Either way, I love an excuse to get dressed up and spend some time together.
 
 If you're looking for other winter or Valentine's Day date ideas - check out this recent post from the Newlywed Notebook & this date night idea jar post from the LPF archives!
 
xoxo, lauren

5 comments:

Panty Buns said...

I love Betsey Johnson's designs. Your red dress looks beautiful, and I love the colour - it looks very similar to a lipstick I used a long time ago: L'Oreal's "British Redcoat". The lipstick you're wearing in the photo looks closer to Mac's "Russian Red" or Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow". The floral print on your jacket from Nordstrom is beautiful too. Red stands out nicely against snow (there is a lot of snow on the ground where I am) and, as the title of your post points out,, red and florals are perfect for Valentine's Day :)

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

I love that jacket! Totally amazing!

Lindsay Ropella said...

What a perfect Valentine's day outfit! Hope you are doing something special! :)

Sherin said...

I really love red. I need to wear it way more.
The dress is the prettiest. It looks great on you.

Yuni said...

Love this outfit! And how pretty that jacket is!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin