Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Do More With Less

Here's the fashion issue I run into this time of year. While the holidays are over, it's colder than ever in the Midwest.. like -35 degree windchill cold. So, even though I'd love to flip the switch to spring florals and sundresses, the weather just won't allow for that!
The look I'm loving for late winter is a combination of neutrals: black, white & khaki, mixed with faded denim & muted pinks. It's still wintry, but definitely feels like a fresh note from the tartans, tweed & velvet of the holidays.


Mix & Match Winter Outfit Ideas
Get the Look:
Look 1: Gingham Shirt - J.Crew  | Denim Jacket - American Eagle | Pink Skirt - Style Nanda  | Black Mules-  Splendid | Statement Necklace - Juliet & Company
Look 2: White Turtleneck -OASAP | Shearling Jacket - ChicWish | Boyfriend Jeans - Target | Python Slip Ons - Steve Madden| Pink Quilted Bag- Rebecca Minkoff
Look 3: Sweatshirt - ILY Couture | Pink Jacket - OASAP| Sequin Leggings - Juicy Couture  | Tan Booties- Dolce Vita | Black Fur Beanie - OASAP
I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe- having a smaller closet with pieces that all coordinate well together. How perfect is thatfor the busy girl on the go? While these pieces are all gorgeous on their own, they can also be mixed & matched together!
One of my mantras this year is "do more with less". As I try to save money towards a house & investing in my business I can totally relate to this attitude whether it's in - remixing my wardrobe, getting creative with affordable dates & spicing up dinner leftovers.
Which look do you love most? Is it still freezing where you live?
xoxo, lauren


Samantha Chic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Chic said...

Good mantra! I'm in the same boat this year -- saving for a lot of big things -- so my mindset is I'm "shopping my closet." There's so many items in there that can be mixed and matched LOL -- SC at www.samanthachic.com

Hillary @ styleinasmalltown said...

I love this and I love the color scheme! I'm totally with you, I'm kind of over the tartans and "holiday" colors. These pastels and neutrals totally hit the spot!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin