Friday, February 27, 2015

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring

Are you feeling stuck in a winter rut? The snow is starting to give me some major cabin fever. Spring gives you a chance to press reset and refocus- and it's almost here. I'm teaming up with HP today to share 4 ways that I refresh for Spring. I'll be sharing four ways that I've been using my new HP Pavilion x360 to feel inspired and refreshed for a new season. They're also headed on tour with Megan Trainor to help her "Bend the Rules" & create fan generated content to document it!

I've been using the computer for a few weeks right now and it's been a total dream to use. I do freelance social media work and as a small business owner it's super important to me to have a computer than can adapt to all my needs. The HP x360 converts to 4 different modes- the laptop, tablet, tent & stand (and has a 360 degree hinge)- so it's perfect for every occasion. My days vary so much and as a blogger and business owner, it's so amazing to have one tool that does it all.

Some days I might be editing photos & writing blog posts, another it might be pinning inspiration for future shoots or doing my bookkeeping. I also love that it has touch screen capabilities, so it's the perfect format if I'm meeting with a client presenting a social media strategy. Then of course I also have the times that I want to use my computer for personal use. I like putting it in tent mode if I want to follow along with a workout video or binge watch my favorite shows on weekends. It also has tons of social apps already loaded onto the computer that make my social media work even more easily integrated.

Ready to refresh for Spring? Check out my tips!

 photo refreshforspring1_zps1x0h6cjy.png

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Follow Your Dreams
4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Follow Your Dreams

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Follow Your Dreams

The first way to refresh for spring is to follow your dreams. This may seem ambiguous but I challenge you to try it. That thing in the back of your mind that you've always wanted to do- what's stopping you? It doesn't have to be all or nothing, it may just be a fun passion project, but there's no better time to start than the present. Whether you've always secretly wanted to learn French or backpack through Europe or start a jewelry business- make those things happen!
When I left my job in fashion merchandising last year it was one of the most terrifying yet exciting things I've ever done. It's been such a fun and crazy journey. I couldn't have done it without the power of technology and social media, so you better believe I'm never too far from my computer! The HP  x360 is my go-to for creating  blog posts, email clients, edit photos & stay connected on social media!
 photo refreshforspring2_zpsygmlsxym.png

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: DIY a Floral Bouquet

 4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: DIY a Floral Bouquet

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: DIY a Floral Bouquet

The second way to refresh for spring is to DIY a floral bouquet. Nothing makes me happier than having fresh flowers in the house! It's the ultimate sign that spring is on the horizon. Something so simple can have a serious affect on your attitude and outlook. I start out by searching for inspiration on Pinterest (I had so many floral pins, they had to get their own board). My HP x360 in tablet mode was perfect for scrolling through and saving my favorite images.
I usually purchase a few different kinds of florals that fit a color story. I wanted this bouquet to be signature pink & white. Then, I'll refer to my inspiration images & rearrange until it fits my vision balancing color & height of the flowers. I have a collection of vintage vases that I've collected over the years at antique stores for just this purpose! If you really want to brighten someone's day, bring the floral bouquet over to their house!

 photo refreshforspring3_zps67yzitdh.png

 4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Organize Your Closet

 4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Organize Your Closet

 4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Organize Your Closet

My third tip for refreshing for spring is to organize your closet. This one is totally key for me when I'm doing spring cleaning. Being a fashionista, as you can imagine, my closet gets a little bit ridiculous. When I get to the point where I'm running out of hangers, or I can't find anything because there's just too much, I know it's time to start fresh and get rid of the some of the pieces in my closet.
I typically create a few different piles - one to keep / one to sell online or at garage sale/ one to donate. Then, I go through each piece and decide if it's something I can't live without. A good rule of thumb is that if you haven't worn it in the last year, you probably don't need it taking up space in your wardrobe! If it's a piece I'm going to sell online I like to jot down the details of the cost and an image of the piece in a spreadsheet. I used my HPx360 in stand mode - a handy digital keyboard pops up on the screen whenever you have to type anything.

 photo refreshforspring4_zps3bjvebzf.png


4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Do an At-Home Workout

4 Ways to Refresh for Spring: Do an At-Home Workout

The fourth way to refresh for spring is to do an at home workout. When it's still freezing here it becomes an easy excuse to not want to leave the house for the gym or a workout class. There's no excuse when there are so many awesome at-home workouts you can stream right from your computer. I'm using my HP x360 in tablet mode to stream my go-to  workout series, Blogilates.

I feel like often times I have a ton of excuses about why I don't have time to work out or how I'm too tired. Whenever I take time and make the effort, I feel re-energized and oh-so-happy! Over the past week I've been dedicating myself to prioritizing fitness and have been feeling better than ever.

The HP Pavilion x360 and HP are also helping Megan Trainor's tour to life for fans. They're stitching together content from Vine Users, Instagrammers & Youtubers to create a totally unique tour documentary. SO much fun! Click here to follow along all of the tour action!

How are you going to refresh for spring?

xoxo, lauren


Disclosure: Thank you so much to  HP& Collectively for sponsoring this post. All views are my own- I love this computer!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin