Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tips for Doing Your Own Taxes

Can you believe tax season is right around the corner? As a blogger (& now business owner), my taxes get a little bit trickier each year, but it's not something I stress about! I've always done my own taxes and I promise you it's actually a fairly simple process.
I'm truly such a huge fan of TurboTax and it has become such an essential part of tax season for me! I am so happy to be able to partner with them on this post.  It's one of those services that I always refer  to friends and family because I enjoy it to that extent! I love being able to do my taxes online & that they automatically saves my information from the previous year for reference.

Doing my own taxes makes me feel empowered and like a total #girlboss because it's something I feel confident to do myself. It also helps to be organized (so be sure to check out the free blogging income tracker later in the post if you're a fellow blogger!
 I'm teaming up with my favorite tax season resource, TurboTax, because they're making it easier than ever this year with their Absolute Zero promotion.
TurboTax Absolute Zero

What exactly is the TurboTax Absolute Zero promotion all about?

For the first time ever, Americans can pay zero! $0 Fed. $0 State. $0 to file using TurboxTax Federal Free Edition. You qualify if you have a straightforward tax return- meaning are a first-time filer,student, or don't have a house or investments. It's also the only tax product that is offering the incentive. That means more of your hard earned money in your pocket which is something I think we can all appreciate!
Using the TurboTax website is totally intuitive. They prompt you as you move through each section of your taxes to ensure you're getting the maximum refund. You can also save as you go if it's too much to tackle in one afternoon. One of my tips is to check out their Tools & Tips section. Where you can get additional advice if there's something you're unsure of. This takes a lot of the guessing work out of preparing your taxes. 
Turbo Tax Resources Page
I know a lot of my readers are bloggers like me, so I also wanted my tool for staying organized throughout the year and leading up to tax season. If you're tracking your income & spending for your blog online it will make doing your taxes a breeze. You don't need to be an expert to do your taxes with confidence.
Free Income & Expense Tracker for Bloggers & Small Biz

Putting this spreadsheet together brings me back to my fashion merchandising days where I lived in excel! There's a ton of auto calculating fields & totals to make your income easier to track. Download the spreadsheet here and in the "file" dropdown, just select "make a copy" to save to your own google drive. You can change out any of the fields to make it work for you!

I've been using it this year and loving being able to see everything at a glance! It tracks your income & expenses at a monthly and yearly level so you'll always feel like you're on top of your finances. This will make future tax seasons a breeze for bloggers & small business owners.
Are you all ready to tackle tax season with me? I absolutely recommend using TurboTax website as your go-to resource for taxes this year- especially with their new Absolute Zero promotion!

xoxo, lauren
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.


Annica said...

So glad you created this! I filed my taxes last week for the first time on my own. My dad usually does it, but Turbo Tax made it SUPER easy and explained anything I was confused on!


Morgan wail said...

Nice tips are mentioned for the paying of the taxes.I like it so much and it helps me a lot to understand about taxes.Nice work done on this blog, its really very awesome and interesting.However if you want to know some thing more about the accounts and finance so side a look on tanner mainstain.

Wanda Hanson said...

This is a great post for someone who is filing their taxes for the first time this year. I was so worried and confused about getting them in on time and filling them out correctly, it was really stressing me out. Thanks to these tips I feel much more confident about the whole process. I will definitely be sharing these tips with all of my friends.

Wanda Hanson @ Tax-Tiger

Fzillion Manager said...

yes this is giving such a wonderful information.if you want to get some useful dresses in white black any color then must join the fzillion site.
white dress

Jess Benoit said...

Thank you so much for making this beautiful spreadsheet! This was my first year filing with the blog and it was a nightmare. Even though I was keeping track, it wasn't as good as I thought it was. I have been using your spreadsheet since the beginning of this year and love it. I only have one question though: How do I add more days to the months and keep it nice and pretty while still keeping track of the totals automatically? I was adding rows as needed but it was making black squares inside the months (along the side) and I just realized that it isn't adding those totals in. I am so lost when it comes to spreadsheets! Thanks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin