Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beauty Buzz

What you don't see behind the scenes of La Petite Fashionista is that although my Instagram pictures may look girly, bright & airy my home is anything but! I live with my boyfriend which I adore, but I've always been used to having my own space. Kyle grew up with brothers, and literally cannot comprehend the amount of clothes, makeup & books that I own/need in my life! This has resulted in me trying to keep my beauty products organized, easily accessible (& pretty).

I've also had to pare down my collection of beauty products (except lip colors.. guilty!) to keep them from taking over our room. I also am always on the hunt for ways to organize- apothecary jars, mercury glass cups, cake stands & fabric covered boxes. I wanted to share a few snaps of some of the beauty products that I can't live without & how I keep them organized.
La Petite Fashionista: Makeup Organization

La Petite Fashionista: Makeup Organization

I love storing my lipsticks & lipgloss in a glass apothecary jar, you can easily see everything & it keeps them all together in one place. This mercury glass cup is actually a toothbrush holder, but it's perfect for storing make-up brushes (& oh so pretty)! I'm also obsessed with this antler jewelry dish for storing dainty accessories.

La Petite Fashionista: Must Have Beauty Products

La Petite Fashionista: Must Have Beauty Products

I use a vintage cake plate to store and display the products that I use on a daily basis. I'm obsessed with the Naked 2 & Naked 3 eyeshadow palettes, they're my go-to shades! I also store a couple of my favorite lip colors in a lipstick holder I found while antiquing. The blush & bronzer duo from Sugar has been giving me the perfect glow in the depths of Winter. I also have found a new fragrance from Estevia Myrina that I'm loving (plus, that pink bottle)!

La Petite Fashionista: Favorite Green Beauty Procuts

I also wanted to show off a few of the skin care products I've been using. I love using "green beauty" products when I can. The Coconut Milk Mango hand creme from Illume has been one of my saving graces this Winter- it has a nice slightly tropical scent. I've been trying out Schmidt's natural deodorant, which is hilarious- because I'm following in my dad's earthy footsteps. I also love Hemp & Honey body cream, I've been obsessed with their product line since I tried it out last year!

Shop the Post:

What are the beauty products you can't live without & do you have any favorite ways to organize and display them?

xoxo, lauren


anrusso said...

My favorite mascara is the Too face Better Than Sex. I've seen it popping up on a few blogs and on Instagram lately but have been using it for a while and always get asked if my eyelashes are real. It's amazing. If you like "green" products, you should check out the Yes To Carrots line. It's all natural, no harsh chemicals, I love everything I've tried from them.


Mil said...

So cute! I love the apothecary jar and the vintage cake plate <3


Becky said...

Adore!!! I just moved in with my boyfriend a couple weeks ago and still getting used to sharing a space with a boy- so different!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin