Monday, February 9, 2015

Mint Lace Valentine's Day Dress

I can't wait to celebrate one of my favorite holidays this week! Helloooo Valentine's Day! Obviously, I had to find the perfect dress for Friday. Kyle & I are going to be working together to make a delicious dinner. Steak, twice baked potatoes and obviously lots of dessert and wine will be on the menu. Would love your tips on a sweet treat to make!

Francesca's sent me some Fran Love so I'll have a pretty little mint lace date night dress to wear to celebrate! I also stopped in the store to pick up a couple of pieces to accessorize with my dress. Neutrals like the pale pink necklace I'm sporting are a big trend for Spring and I love how it pairs with the mint. I'm also wearing a gold sparkly chain link bracelet. Even though I love the #armparty for every day, I usually pare down to a single bracelet for dressy occasions.  Disclaimer, there will probably be tights & a wool coat layered with this if I actually leave the house!

La Petite Fashionista: Mint Lace Date Night Dress

What I'm Wearing:
 Ramona Lace Dress (Mint): Francesca's | Pale Pink Statement Necklace: Francesca's (similar)
Catina Chain Link Bracelet: Francesca's 

La Petite Fashionista: Mint Lace Date Night Dress  

La Petite Fashionista: Mint Lace Date Night Dress 

La Petite Fashionista: Mint Lace Date Night Dress 

La Petite Fashionista: Mint and Lace Date Night Dress

I also wanted to share a few tips for choosing a perfect dress for Valentine's Day. I've finally reached a place in my life where I know how to pick my date night dresses. It saves so much time in the dressing room! I'm always initially drawn to the style of a dress, but I know that I have to pick a silhouette that flatters my body type to look my best! Although I adore shift dresses, I know that I need a defined waistline like an a-line or skater dress to best complement my petite hourglass figure!

 If you're a fellow curvy girl, I recommend you choose something with a more defined waistline. If you want to create more of an illusion of curves, choose something more body hugging. Have an athletic build? Choose a dress to show off your rockin' calves & a sleeve if you don't want to highlight broader shoulders. If you're petite like me, you'll want to choose a shorter silhouette vs. a midi or maxi to elongate your body! If you're tall, be cautious of too-short hemlines! I also love the idea of stepping outside of the LBD for a fun pop of color with your dress. You may have to try on a few dresses, but knowing what you feel & look your best in saves so much time when dress shopping

I'm obsessed with this mint color & love how versatile it is. It looks fabulous paired with pinks, navy & neutrals!Be sure to stop by Francesca's to check out all of their gorgeous dresses and accessories for Valentine's Day & date night! I always find something beautiful to wear. 

Do you have any Valentine's Day or Galentine's Day plans?

xoxo, lauren

7 comments:

Jeanette Foss said...

Such a pretty dress. Perfect on you:)

http://interiorsweet.com

Rachel said...

Gorgeous- it fills you so well!

Alissa said...

Dammnnnn! Lady you look great!

Girl Meets Bow said...

You look BEAUTIFUL Lauren! Hope you have a great Valentines day!

XO,
Gentry
Girl Meets Bow

Sherin said...

Everything about this look is so perfect. That mint green is such a stunning colour to wear and the dress is the prettiest.

Tineke said...

It`s perfect, i really like the colour!

Fzillion Manager said...

Gorgeous- it fills you so well!
lace dress

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin