Saturday, February 7, 2015

Winter Stripes & Coffee Dates

This week has been one crazy rollercoaster. On the plus side, It's been such an amazing week of connecting with people! Working from home as its perks, but it can definitely be isolating, especially when it's been a loooong winter. On the down side, I had to cancel my trip to see my little sis in Boston next week thanks to the 10 inches of expected snow when I was flying in.

My friends Andra & Kelly of With Grace & Gold just launched a Facebook group for women small business owners, which is amazing because I had just been searching for a place to connect with other like minded ladies. Through their group I was able to connect with and meet up with sweet soul & local Madison photog Maison. I was able to meet for coffee and great discussion with Ali, a fellow blogger at Those White Walls & photographer! It was so much fun being able to talk so easily about life & business with these talented ladies.

Ali was nice enough to walk around the block with me (and brave the cold!) to snap some outfit pictures for me post-coffee date! I totally lucked out since I'm used to relying on my remote & tripod!

What I'm Wearing:
Striped Tee: J.Crew (similar) | Distressed Denim: Aeropostale (similar) | White Beanie:(similar)
Turquoise Necklace: J.Crew (similar) | Pink Bag: Kate Spade via Nordstrom Rack (similar)
Tan Ankle Boots: Jessica Simpson (similar)

Photography by Ali Stone Photography | Check out her blog, Those White Walls & Instagram too!

I was also able to wrap up the week with a free yoga class with my friend Lauren at Dream Bank. It seems like the sun hasn't been out in forever, but it was shining through the window & made our class that much more fulfilling! 

Although I'm incredibly upset that my trip to see my sister has been put on hold, I know we'll get to go another fabulous adventure together soon. You can find me downing out my sorrows with green juice & Pinterest in the meantime. A special thanks again to Ali for snapping these pictures! I can only hope that 2015 brings many more coffee dates with inspiring local ladies.

xoxo, lauren 


Sherin said...

Your winter looks are always perfect. I love the pink bag and the stripes.

The Real Arnolds said...

Love the outfit! So fun that you got to connect with some local people. I just found you through the Midwest blogger Pinterest board and wanted to say hi!

Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

Tomissa said...

Did you go to The Froth House? I thought I recognized my old neighborhood!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin