Monday, March 30, 2015

DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips

I like giving our table an update each season, but I don't like spending a ton of money on any cheesy seasonal décor. Over the past few years I've started to collect some go-to entertaining pieces from thrift stores and antique stores and on sale at places like Marshalls and Home Goods and Target. I knew I wanted to pull together a springy "garden party" table for an impromptu brunch with some coffee, tea, mimosas & pastries!
 
The only thing I had to buy was some spring blooms (super inexpensive from Trader Joes) & some juice & pastries to snack on. I used a rustic chic herb gardening box to hold the mimosa essentials - like the OJ in an old fashioned glass milk jug. I got out my vintage cake plate & ombre glasses and arranged fresh flowers in mason jars leftover from canning season. The gingham napkins I've had for a few years, and I love the preppy, country chic feel they have.
 
 I love any occasion to celebrate- so the "Happy" gold sparkle banner I picked up for my office from Joann's and it makes me feel exactly that. I can't believe Easter is next week already! Here's some inspiration for creating a festive and simple spring tablescape.
 
La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips

La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips
 
La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips  
 
La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips
 
La Petite Fashionista: DIY Spring Brunch Table + Entertaining Tips

I love how our spring table turned out for brunch! I think it's a great example that you don't need to go out and buy all new pieces and décor when you're entertaining! You can save a ton of money, just by getting a little creative and using pieces you already have around the house. My bestie Jocelyn's vintage kitchen bridal brunch was a fun example of this!

I also have a few tips for simple DIY entertaining:
  • Build your collection of serving pieces! I love picking up vintage cake plates, statement making cocktail glasses & milk glass vases from thrift stores and antique stores.
  • It's great if you can make everything from scratch, but don't feel guilty "cheating" and buying from the grocery store bakery!
  • DIY floral arrangements can be a less expensive route than pre-made bouquets- use some filler florals like baby's breath and carnations to keep the cost of your arrangements down.
  • Always be sure to have a non-alcoholic drink option in addition to mimosas or punch
  • Want to pick up a few seasonal décor items? Buy on the cheap when they get discounted post-holidays and save it so you can break out the next year.
I think putting in a little extra effort to dress up your table for brunch makes for one happy table! I'm also a sucker for fresh blooms, which brighten up any brunch.

What are your entertaining secrets?

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the eclectic vibe of your brunch table. I'm a sucker for flowers in mason jars. So pretty!

Alissa said...

Anddddd now I want breakfast! Yum!

kate // always craving // said...

this is too cute! love how you reused all these pieces...that old gardening box is too good

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin