Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Feeling Confident with the Skinny Confidential

The snow is melting, the sun is shining and it's time to come out of hibernation! It's so easy to indulge in comfort food all winter long, but with the change of season I totally need a change in diet and attitude! I've been following Lauryn, of  The Skinny Confidential blog forever. I love that her focus is about eating well & feeling amazing vs. trying to live a lifestyle that you can't maintain or reach a goal weight. She keeps it real on her blog sharing her occasional indulgences and favorite fashion finds and carries that same point of view in her book.
 
I was so excited to read & review her new book, "The Skinny Confidential: A Babe's Sexy, Sassy Fitness & Lifestyle Guide". The book is filled with a mix of healthy clean eating recipes & cocktails, step by step workouts & even beauty and fashion tips to help you feel your best.
 
I made the "sex kitten salad" for breakfast and it did not disappoint! I never thought about adding pumpkin pie spice & chia seeds to my normal fruit salad & greek yogurt mix. It was amazing, super healthy and pretty on my plate!
 
Healthy Breakfast Fruit Salad w/ Chia Seed - he Skinny Confidential Book
 
A Sex Kitten’s Salad
SERVES: 1
1 handful of strawberries, sliced
1 handful of blueberries
4 hefty pineapple wedges, chopped
1 kiwi, skinned and diced
4 tbsp.  Greek yogurt
2 tbsp chia seeds
Cinnamon, to taste
Pumpkin pie spice, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
Optional: fresh mint leaves
 
 Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss lightly. Add extra spices on top. Garnish with mint (optional).

Recipe courtesy of The Skinny Confidential
 
Healthy Breakfast Fruit Salad w/ Chia Seed - he Skinny Confidential Book
 
"Confidence Is Key" Quote via Lauryn of The Skinny Confidential
 
This quote from Lauryn is one of my favorites in the book--  I couldn't agree more. Confidence is everything when it comes to feeling your best. Losing weight won't make you happy. If you can feel more confident, happy & energetic by adding some more fitness and healthy recipes into your life.. that's when it all comes together!

The Skinny Confidential Book Review
 
I'd love to approach healthy living with Lauryn's attitude! As she talks about in her book and blog, she believes in eating more real fresh foods to help you feel and look better. Forget calorie counting, worry more about portion sizes and moderation. Don't stress over an occasional splurge, it's okay to treat yourself! If you can think about health as a lifestyle rather than deprivation and dieting you can accomplish whatever you want!
 
On a side note, I can totally relate to her whole chapter on "Love Chub",  the weight you sometimes gain when you're in love! I can totally relate to this, as it's so much easier to splurge if you're not doing it alone. Whenever Kyle & I are both committed to eating healthier or staying fit,  it makes life so much easier! We also love cooking together so if we have some healthy meals planned out for the week it's much less likely it will come to that "oh-my-gosh-we-have-nothing-in-the-fridge-let's-just-go-to-chick-fil-a" type moments.
 
Be sure to check out The Skinny Confidential book & blog!
 
What's your attitude about  fitness and healthy eating?
 
xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

anrusso said...

I love her outlook on health and fitness as well. I share the same sort of mentality. Do you and what works for you. I have friends that are so stressed over following a specific diet, but I've always been happier when I eat healthy and indulge one in a while. Besides, I'm pretty certain I NEED gluten in my diet. More bread for me please :)

Annica
www.lifemodifier.com

Lauren and Kiera said...

I love this article! I also follow Lauryn's blog and enjoy it. She has pretty amazing posts on healthy living and her book is awesome! I've made too many recipes but they're so yummy. Of course, following your blog is great too from a fellow FSU alum ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin