Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What I'm Reading

I think you can tell a lot about a person by what's on their bookshelf! Perhaps that's "judging a book by it's cover" but sometimes it's true.  I seem to always be reading a ton of things at one time- usually it's a mix of  fashion & design, business and travel books... which is pretty much exactly mirrors what's happening in my life right now! 

 I wanted to share a few things I'm reading right now & how it relates back to what's happening in my life! I'd love to hear your recommended reads too.

What I'm Reading 

Here's what I'm reading right now:
  • "Make It Happen"- Lara Casey: I'm a huge fan of Lara Casey's blog & Southern Weddings brand. Her book  has a ton of great exercises to help you identify anything that's holding you back in life & overcome it. It's incredibly empowering!m 
  • "Thrive"- Arianna Huffington:  Arianna challenges the traditional indicators of success "money and power" and stresses the importance of redefining success with a third metric- our well being, wisdom and wonder. I absolutely share the same philosophy!
  • "Launch"- Jeff Walker: I just joined an entrepreneurship book club and it's been awesome to network and connect with other business owners and discuss this book by Jeff Walker. It's all about launching  a business online, which is right up my alley!
  • "I Brake For Yard Sales"- Lara Spencer: I've had HGTV on repeat lately. I love Lara Spencer's knack for finding diamonds and the rough and decorating with thrifted and antique finds. It's such an awesome feeling to bring new life into an old furniture or decor piece.
  • "36 Hours in the Midwest"- Taschen: Now that the weather's warming up, I'm getting major wanderlust. I'm excited to take some mini Midwest road trips with Kyle this summer. This book has tons of ideas for places to stay and things to see, many of them off the beaten path!
Now I just need some laid back summer fiction to read! I'd love to hear what you've been reading!

xoxo, lauren


P.S. Our next Social Media With Style Workshop kicks off on 4/3, don't miss out! I'd love to help you grow your blog or business with social media during our 4 week online course!

1 comment:

Jennifer Tanksley said...

Thanks for sharing; I am always looking for a good book to read!!

www.awhitewalllife.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin