Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Creating an Inspiring Workspace

One of the most challenging things about being a solopreneur is not having my own office space. Though I love showing off what I'm working on from instagram, what you don't see is that my "office" is a tiny desk, in our bedroom! No complaints here,  I love the flexibility of working from home, but, it definitely doesn't give me much space to "make it my own". Thankfully, I do have a side of a bookcase, that borders my desk that makes for a perfect "inspiration board". Work with what you have right?

While I'm working during the day I love to light a candle & stream podcasts (my faves here). Surrounding myself with things that inspire me- motivational quotes, colorful desk accessories and fun faux florals is my favorite way to work. I also like to stay organized by keeping my weekly schedule at top of mind. Washi tape is my favorite way to adhere things- it makes it easy to switch pieces in and out whenever I need a change! I also like to choose piece in the same color scheme to make sure everything coordinates. Think about your "power color", what makes you feel happy and confident at work? For me, it's pink (obviously)!

La Petite Fashionista: Creating an Inspiring Workspace in Your Home Office

La Petite Fashionista: Creating an Inspiring Workspace in Your Home Office

La Petite Fashionista: Creating an Inspiring Workspace in Your Home Office

La Petite Fashionista: Creating an Inspiring Workspace in Your Home Office

La Petite Fashionista: Creating an Inspiring Workspace in Your Home Office

I'm always on the lookout at the Target dollar bins for colorful and inexpensive office supplies to brighten up my desk. I also love saving heartfelt cards to display them.  My latest favorite is this "Serenity" candle that I picked up when I was home at the very cute décor shop Clayton Gray Home (they ship for free)! It's one of my favorite sayings when I start worrying about anything in life.
My tips for creating an inspiring workspace at home are:
  • Candles: I'm a sucker for slow burning Capri Blue candles & local brand The Grey Designer
  • Podcasts & Music: I love listening to podcasts (did you catch me as a guest on Influential Gal?) & Songza for finding the perfect music to match my mood.
  • Planners + Calendars: I've found that the combination of great design & functionality means I'll be more likely to use it. I love my Rifle Paper Co weekly planning notepad.
  • Inspirational Prints & Cards: I've been getting some as gifts lately so I love putting them up by my desk. I love anything fashion, uplifting & #girlboss related!
  • Business Cards: I like having them on hand & easy to grab before I run to a coffee date or meeting. My square cards are from MOO & I love having all of my different Instagram photos on them (Save 10% on them if your a first time customer here)!
  • Affordable Office Supplies: As I mentioned, I love picking up pretty, colorful pieces from Target, Marshalls & Michael's! Right now I have a gold striped bulletin board that makes it easy to pin up notes & photos and a pink pencil holder.
Here are a few of my favorite colorful & inspiring office supplies and desk accessories to help you get the look:




Not seen is the cup of coffee and my trusty laptop that always have a space at my desk! Overall, I love working from home and creating a tranquil & inspiring atmosphere to work in after working in a cubicle for a few years. I'm thankful for this little space of mine to create and work in!

How do you create an inspiring workspace for your home office/desk?

xoxo, lauren

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin