Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Fashionable Festival Style

Coachella music festival starts this weekend so today's outfit post is inspired by all of the trends from festival season. I can't wait to stalk the street style pictures to see what new trends I can spot for summer! I'm teaming up with Kohl's to show off my Coachella chic look featuring a few of my favorite summer pieces. I love the way they all pair together- but you could easily just try one of the trends to channel a little bit of festival flair. 

I'm home in Florida this week visiting my family and I have to say the sunshine is just what the doctor ordered. My neighborhood looks sort of like a jungle, which is the perfect backdrop for this outfit. I've paired a peach crop top with a Hawaiian print kimono jacket, and high waisted lace shorts & accessorized with a tortoiseshell statement necklace. 

La Petite Fashionista: Kimono Jacket + Lace Shorts

What I'm Wearing: 
Hawaiian Print Kimono Jacket: Mudd  |  Black Racer Front Crop Top:  SO 
Black Lace Shorts: Mudd | Tortoise Statement Necklace: LC by Lauren Conrad
Fringe Bag: SONOMA life+ style (similar)

La Petite Fashionista: Kimono Jacket + Lace Shorts

La Petite Fashionista: Kimono Jacket + Lace Shorts
La Petite Fashionista: Kimono Jacket + Lace Shorts

La Petite Fashionista: Kimono Jacket + Lace Shorts

Now, for a few styling tips to get the fashionable festival look for yourself! If you're like me & a little bit intimidated by crop tops- just be sure to pair with a skirt or pair of shirts with a higher waist. Kimonos are one of the trends I'm obsessed with right now. The trick to wearing them is to make sure you're wearing something more fitted underneath since they can be more floaty and shapeless. I also think they make great swimsuit cover-ups. The fringe bag is also a fun (& on trend) accessory that adds a little bit of boho chic to any look. 

The best part is that all of theses pieces are super affordable- I scored each for less than $30! I'm going to be wearing these Coachella chic pieces all summer long. Now, I'm going to go and enjoy this warm weather!

xoxo, lauren 

Disclosure: Special thanks to Kohl's for sponsoring a gift card for this post so I could share my fashion finds!


Hannah said...

Gorgeous! I love this outfit!

Hannah Makeup Artist

Sherin said...

I really like festival fashion. It's always so fun and colourful.
You done a great job on this look.
The kimono is such a stunner.

Couture Collegiate said...

Love this post! You have great style. Love how you made it your own with the fringe bag and shoes. We have a similar post on festival fashion at:

We would love it if you checked us out! we are going to do a post on this and share your page with our followers! :)

-Couture Collegiate

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin