Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Modern Day Mermaid

My style is constantly evolving, and I'm always trying to define what it is at any point in time. Right now I'm feeling a look I like to call the modern day mermaid. It's equal parts feminine, laid back & beachy. Think floaty ruffles, drapey silhouettes, chunky stone jewelry and a color palette of fuchsia, mint & faded chambray.

ounded up my favorite picks from Shopbop's Friends & Family sale. Save 25% on nearly every piece on the site using code SPRING25 now through April 9th at midnight. It's a huge deal because you can save a ton while building up your spring wardrobe.

Beach Babe


My Modern Mermaid Picks from the Shopbop Friends & Family Sale:

1. Pink & White Cover Up- Sundress | 2. Stone Statement Necklace- Kenneth Jay Lane | 3. Studded Sandals- Sam Edelman | 4. Pink Ruffle Top- TBags | 5. Mint Knot Dress- TBags | 6. White Off the Shoulder Top- Glamorous | |7. Chambray Jogger Pants-  BB Dakota | 8.  Peace Sign Earrings- Marc by Marc Jacobs | 9.. Floral Phone Case- Kate Spade | 10. Pink Slide Sandals- Kaanas | 11. Pink Bucket Bag- Rebecca Minkoff | 12. Mint Wrap Bikini- L*Space | 13. Pale Pink Maxi Dress- Karen Zambos Vintage Couture

This look pairs perfectly with wavy surfer girl hair. I usually just spritz some beach spray to give it some volume and texture. I seriously can't pick which of these pieces I want from the sale. I'm obsessed with this color palette and all things laid back and beachy right now.

Don't forget, the sale ends on 4/9, so take advantage while picking up a few key trend pieces for Spring and Summer during the Shopbop Friends & Family Event!


Which is your favorite modern day mermaid piece?

xoxo, lauren

3 comments:

Panty Buns said...

I love the colour and ultra-feminine look of the TBags pink ruffle top! The Glamorous off shoulder white top is also very pretty. I agree that mint and fucsia are a beautiful colour combination. I really like that feminine modern day mermaid look.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Lindsay Ropella said...

Such fun Spring colors! I'm SO excited about the Shopbop sale..can't wait to decide what to purchase next!

Hannah said...

I love spring fashion! thanks for posting this!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin