Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pink Midi Skirt: 3 Ways

My trip to Florida has been a total whirlwind! I'm going to be posting a recap of some of our favorite stops from my weekend in Tampa catching up with girlfriends. I definitely have a bigger appreciation for my hometown after being in Wisconsin for the past four years. I also seem to always forget how hot it is and pack the wrong clothes. Thankfully, I had this gorgeous pink skirt from Dress Up in my suitcase- it was perfect for going from day to night.

The styling tip for fellow petite ladies wearing a midi skirt is to pair it with a pair of extra high wedges. I also love the look of it paired with crop tops & knotted blouses since it has a higher waist. In true Florida girl fashion, I love to pile on the accessories like fedoras, tassel earrings, bangles and statement necklaces to add the perfect finishing touch.

 photo pink skirt 3_zpskljehheq.jpg

Look 1: Fashionable Fedora |  What I'm Wearing:
Black Crop Top: Kohls | Pink Midi Skirt: Dress Up  | Tassel Earrings: Lisi Lerch
Fedora: (similar) | Wedges; Splendid

 photo pink skirt 4_zpsbqtfen0v.jpg

 photo pink skirt 5_zpsnjsfzqfk.jpg

Look 2: Colorful Crop Top | What I'm Wearing:
 Crop Top: Aero | Pink Midi Skirt: Dress Up  | Gold Cuff (similar)

 photo pink skirt 6_zpsolx1onwm.jpg

 photo pink skirt 8_zpsm3dvwgfx.jpg 

Look 3: Preppy Knotted Blouse | What I'm Wearing:
 White Knotted Blouse: (similar) | Pink Midi Skirt: Dress Up  | Pink Necklace: LOFT

 photo dfc4f216-eab9-48d8-ad10-cc23f6984d3a_zpsslifft6n.jpg

The thing I love most about this skirt is it's my signature color, hot pink! I'm pretty sure I can never have enough pink in my closet- wearing it just makes me happy! The midi skirt is such a fun trend. It's almost a nod to the 1950's and makes you want to do a little twirl, I think pairing it with youthful, trendy pieces is key to making it feel modern. 

Wanting to try the midi skirt trend? I've rounded up a few of my favorites:



Have you worn the midi skirt trend yet? What's your favorite way to wear it?

xoxo, lauren

2 comments:

Sherin said...

That is s pretty! Looks so good on you. Love all the ways you styled it too!

Alissa said...

I LOVE those tassel earrings sooo much!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin