Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Beach Babe: Swimwear Trends

It's been a long time since I've actually looked forward to swimsuit season. I've been taking 4 CYC classes a week during their Spring Into Change Challenge (see my interview on their blog here) and it's fun to see hard work starting to pay off. Bring on the stand up paddleboarding on the lake! I'm no model, but I've been working really hard to feel more fit! 

It seems like for the first time in a while there are some really fun new swim silhouettes beyond the ordinary triangle string bikini. I'm sharing my favorite swim picks and three of my favorite trends to help you channel your inner beach babe! The halter bikini, rashguard & bustier bikini borrow from fashion runways and classic surf culture and are all huge trends for this summer.

Top Swimwear Trends for the Beach Babe

Top 3 Swimwear Trends for the Beach Babe

Halter Bikini Top: This high neck style is a bit more of a sporty silhouette than a string bikini. It's perfect for smaller chested ladies & a great way to show off fun patterns.

Rashguards: This surfing inspired trend can be equal parts functional and fashionable. It offers extra sun protection during water sports, but also comes in fashion forward print options!

1.  Coco Palm Rashguard | 2. Salty Dayz Vest | 3. Print Crop Surf Shirt | 4. Sunset Surf Rashguard

Bustier Bikini Top: This balconette style offers some additional support with undirewires and a corset-like structure. Perfect for bustier girls looking for a swimsuit style!

Other swimwear trends I'm loving are high waisted bottoms, cutout one pieces & floaty kimono jacket cover-ups.

Which of these swim trends is your favorite? 

xoxo, lauren

1 comment:

Panty Buns said...

I too am loving the high-waisted swim-bottoms and the bustier style tops. The "Hawaiian Print Everything" swim outfit also looks lovely.


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin