Saturday, May 23, 2015

Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch

Not so long ago I thought I'd never be able to rock the maxi dress trend because of my petite stature. I was worried that as a 5'0 fashionista this is one look I wouldn't be able to try! Thankfully, I just had to choose the right silhouette. This hi-low hem is perfect because it helps elongate my figure and also shows off my fun pink high heels. It also has a sort of empire waist, making it even more flattering.
 
So, my fellow petite ladies, don't give up on maxi dresses and skirts, just try on a few different styles to find one that works best for you. The particular maxi dress I'm rocking is the Tulip Hem Maxi Dress from a fabulous, newly launched store, Perch Boutique- I can tell it's going to be on heavy rotation this summer. I'm even wearing it as my LBD for a bachelorette party tonight!
 
La petite Fashionista: Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch
 
What I'm Wearing:
 Black Maxi Dress: Perch Boutique | Pink Heels: 6pm.com (similar) | Sunset Clutch: Samudra(similar) | Tassel Earrings: Lisi Lerch

La petite Fashionista: Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch

La petite Fashionista: Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch

La petite Fashionista: Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch

La Petite Fashionista: Black Maxi + Sunset Clutch
 
As always I love bright colors, so I love pairing summery accessories with the black maxi dress for a fun pop! The sunset clutch & turquoise tassel earrings make such a statement that they work well with this easy breezy maxi.
 
The weather looks like it's going to be beautiful this weekend. I'm so looking forward to spending my time soaking up some sun, grilling out & taking advantage of some Memorial Day weekend sales! If you're looking for more summer outdoor entertaining ideas be sure to check out my Hawaiian Happy Hour post!

5 comments:

Karen Cruz said...

Adorable!

Karen Cruz said...

Adorable!

Tomissa said...

I love it!

Sherin said...

I'm still a bit wary of maxi dresses. Your dress is amazing. I love the asymmetrical hemline. It adds a great bit of personality to the look.

TheClosetHippo said...

Love this look on you! I've come across some gorgeous maxi dresses, but being 4'11 I haven't found one that looks right on me. Thanks for the inspiration!

<3 Barbie
theclosethippo.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin