Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Be Present

At the beginning of this year I made it one of my goals to connect with more like minded biz ladies in Madison over coffee dates. It pushed me out of my comfort zone to network - but I've also forged new friendships! I met up with Ali of Those White Walls who is also a professional photographer & jewelry designer and we were fast friends. She got me hooked on CYC & has become a great friend to me! Her creativity and passion completely inspire me and she's been a great sounding board for business brainstorms too! 

As I mentioned she and her mom design jewelry together for their company, Just the 2 Of Us.  Her and her mom are just as sweet as can be and they make each piece by hand together. They use beautiful materials like hand stamped silver, gold, mixed metals, & semiprecious stones to create their unique designs. Each piece has special sentiments and significance on it and you can tell the love that goes into it. They create custom pieces as well and when Ali tasked me what word or phrase I wanted to (quite literally) keep close to heart- immediately "Be Present" came to mind. 

La Petite Fashionista: Blue Lace Halter Top

What I'm Wearing: Blue Halter Top
Halter: Kohl's (on sale for $14!) | Denim: James Jeans | Earrings: Lauren Conrad
Be Present Necklace: Just the 2 of Us Jewelry

La Petite Fashionista: "Be Present" Necklace 

La Petite Fashionista: Blue Lace Halter Top  

La Petite Fashionista: Blue Lace Halter Top

To be 100% honest being present is one of my biggest struggles. Working in social media I tend to want to be connected 24/7- which is a wonderful thing for business but a horrible thing for relationships. After a scuffle with my boyfriend about emailing during a dinner date I quickly realized that I needed to seriously prioritize... People > Technology. To me being Present is about taking time to enjoy the little things in life. Is it really that important to spend the entire 4th of July fireworks display snapping photos on my iphone trying to get the perfect shot (guilty!)? Definitely not- Instead I'll  just be sitting, making memories, and enjoying the beauty of it all.

I'm so thankful to Ali & her mom, Debbie, for this beautiful reminder to never lose focus of what's most important in life. If you're interested in a custom piece reach out to them via email. Ali will also have a shop selling their Just the 2 of Us pieces up on her blog soon! Feel free to follow them on Instagram to see what beautiful piece they're working on!

xoxo, lauren

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin