Sunday, June 21, 2015

Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt

Happy Summer.. officially! I've been gravitating towards cute silhouettes that beat the heat like flirty tops & fun patterned drawstring shorts. I've teamed up with Kohl's to show off a fun, colorful look for summertime. Their junior's section has become one of my favorite places to pick up trendy clothes and accessories (perhaps you've seen this outfit & these rings) that won't break the bank.
 
This outfit features a few of my favorite trends, the off the shoulder shirt, printed shorts & delicate layered necklaces. I love the way they work together in an outfit balancing dressy & casual. If I wanted to make this look a little bit more casual I'd swap out the pink top for a basic tank & sandals. If I wanted to dress it up a bit more I'd pair with dark denim & bold statement earrings. I just love the versatility of both of these pieces!
 
La Petite Fashionista: Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt
 
What I'm Wearing: Tropical Summer Style
Ruffle Off the Shoulder Top: Candie's | Black Palm Tree Shorts: Joe B.
Strappy Sandal Heels :  Mudd | Statement Necklace: Mudd
Rose Gold Rings: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's | Statement Earrings: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
 
La Petite Fashionista: Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt
 
La Petite Fashionista: Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt
 
La Petite Fashionista: Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt

La Petite Fashionista: Palm Tree Shorts + Off the Shoulder Shirt
 
As I mentioned, the best part is how affordable each piece is! It's a great way to add some fun summer trends to your wardrobe without splurging. Can you believe that my entire outfit is from Kohl's and nothing cost more than $35? Score!
 
Tropical prints and graphics featuring palm trees/leaves, flamingos & pineapples are huge trends for Summer 2015! Printed shorts and graphic tees are a fun way to incorporate them into your outfits. As for accessories, layered necklaces, and rings - more minimal than the chunky statement necklaces (though I love those too)- are making some major trend waves.
 
What trends are you excited to wear this summer?
 
xoxo, lauren
 
 
Thank you so much to Kohl's for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own!

2 comments:

Maya McDonald said...

That top is gorgeous on you - love the color!

HiFashion said...

Great tropical style. Those shorts have such a fantastic print, and the bright top matches perfectly.
I'm so excited for summer style - I've invested in a few playsuits which I'm excited to wear.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin