Saturday, June 20, 2015

How to Style a Romper

Being petite and curvy, not every trend is an easy look for my body type to wear. Rompers are trending in a big way for summertime, especially for dressier occasions. Most of the times that I've tried them on in fitting rooms I've been wearing sandals. As a result they often end up looking frumpy and unflattering - & end up in the "no pile"!
 
Then, I realized I should approach rompers the same way I do mini skirts & sundresses! Pairing rompers with a comfortable but stylish stacked platform or wedge sandal helps legs look more toned and gives the outfit a more polished look. Plus, if you're petite like me, it adds a couple of extra inches of height & makes legs look longer! Note, that while heels are great, avoid stilettos with rompers if you want to keep the outfit looking classy vs. sassy!
 
Check out my three ways to wear rompers- in a beachy, boho & floral way! I hope it gives you some styling inspiration for this often times tricky trend!
 
How to Style a Romper | 3 Ways to Wear
 
How to Style a Romper: 3 Ways
 
Look 1: Beachy Romper
Tie Dye Romper: Forever 21 (less than $25!)  | Tassel Earrings: Bauble Bar 
 Silver Wedges: Sam Edelman | Pink Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (on sale for 40% off)
 
This tie-dye inspired romper is perfect for a night out with it's long sleeve to balance out the shorts. Pair with colorful accessories and silver wedges shoes (love these options) for a beachy glam evening look.
...
 
Look 2 : Boho Chic Romper
Off the Shoulder Romper: Shop Ruche | Stone Bangles: Bourbon and Boweties
Geometic Print Wedges: TOMS | White Fringe Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
 
The white romper is great because it can easily be incorporated for any style you're going for. I'm a huge fan of Bourbon and Boweties bangles, a line created by a fellow FSU alum and they're finally carrying them at Nordstrom- yay! The bangles and fringe bag give it a relaxed boho vibe.
...
 
Look 3 : Feminine Floral Romper
Yellow & Gray Floral Print Romper: Forever 21 | Crystal Flower Earrings: BaubleBar
Nude Lace-Up Wedges: Hinge | Grey Leather Bucket Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
 
The high neck halter of this floral print romper has sort of 90's feel. I'd keep accessories classic and minimal with this style and pair with a netural lace-up heel. It's such a pretty, romantic outfit!
 
Which romper outfit options is your favorite?
 
xoxo, lauren

2 comments:

AngelicAbbie said...

LOVE this post! I love the floral one the most!

HiFashion said...

I really like rompers at the moment. I need to stock up on a few more for the summer. The floral one is the cutest.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin