Friday, June 5, 2015

What to Wear to a Summer Wedding

If the array of wedding invitations on our fridge are any indication.. it's officially wedding season! Dancing and champagne? That's the easiest part about being a wedding attendee. Knowing what to wear to make sure you're not over or underdressed is an entirely different story. I'm so excited to celebrate my friends as they say "I Do" and definitely calls for a new dress for the occasion.  
In today's post I'm sharing some summer wedding outfit inspiration for three different settings. Now the only thing you need to worry about is who to take as your plus one!
Beach Wedding: Most beach weddings call for laid back attire. I love a fun tropical print and wedge sandals (stilettos will get stuck in the sand) paired with a straw clutch and colorful earrings.
Tropical Print Dress- Shop Ruche | Straw Clutch- Nordstrom 
White Wedge Sandals- BC Footwear | Tassel Earrings- Baublebar
Casual Wedding: For an outdoor or casual wedding it's best to mix comfort and style. I love this flattering pleated dress paired with trendier accessories like strappy metallic wedges & bold earrings.
Pleated Striped Dress- Shop Ruche | Pink Tassel Clutch - Lauren Merkin
Gold Metallic Wedges - Kristin Cavallari | Coral Earrings - Kendra Scott
Formal Wedding: When it comes to a more formal dress code stick to dresses in more luxe fabrics and silhouettes. I love nude heels for their "magical" leg elongating powers and classic but modern accessories like this gem cuff & gold evening bag.
Navy Dress- Shop Ruche | Gold Evening Bag - Inge Christopher
Nude Platform Heels - Jessica Simpson | Pave Cuff - BaubleBar
Note that all of my dress picks are from ShopRuche! They have a seriously great selection of affordable dresses for any occasion but especially weddings!
Another great idea to save some cash on all of those weddings to attend? Rent a dress for the weekend from Rent the Runway (prices start at $30 & they have a coupon for $25 off $75 for your first rental).  They even send you 2 sizes to make sure you find the best fit possible!
What weddings do you have coming up this summer? Any fun destinations?
xoxo, lauren


Kelsey said...

Love your picks, especially the pink one!

We have three weddings to go to this summer: one last weekend in the Milwaukee area, one in a couple weeks here in Madison at the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, and then mine a couple weeks later! So much fun!!!

Sherin said...

Great ideas for a wedding look. My friend is getting married next month and I still have no idea what to wear so this is helpful.

Panty Buns said...

I like all three of your choices for the different weddings.
That Shop Ruche Tropical Print Dress you picked for a beach wedding is lovely! I also like the big bow on the Shop Ruche Pleated Striped Dress you picked for the Casual wedding and the bodice of the Shop Ruche Navy dress you picked for the formal wedding.

my Blog | my YouTube | my Twitter

Joyce Novacek said...

I really like your picks! Especially the Casual Wedding look! :)

Barbie Chiu said...

Good day! I found your site very interesting and informative . Thanks for taking time sharing it with us. I really enjoyed reading your post.

benilhalk said...

These summer wedding attire ideas are really amazing! Keep sharing such stuff my friend. Well, I need some help in finding some affordable event venues San Francisco for my engagement party. Could you please share some suggestions?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin